@JDB because, to borrow a phrase you’d often use, the way ‘I was raised’ is to help people when I know how, without prejudging them.
So, you would ‘help’ someone break into a car or graffiti a wall? There’s ‘helping’ and helping.
It doesn’t require any prejudgment to identify that this person has decided that only the little people pay annual fees, but he is entitled to the new companion voucher without paying £250. The cost of these type of things is borne by all the the cardholders who do pay, so in this instance you are ‘helping’ this one person at everyone else’s expense, so not really ‘helping’ at all. To the extent you were raised to help, I imagine you were also raised to do the right thing.
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Latest Forum Posts
- Go197 on Chat thread – Sunday 3rd March
- NorthernLass on Booking return flight
- yorkshireRich on Chat thread – Saturday 2nd March
- curiously on Best Amex option for my wife?
- t42 on Heathrow and Hong Kong lounges for first status trip
- Richie on Seeking advice on tier points strategy
- LeeClarke1 on Seeking advice on tier points strategy
- Bill_B on Avios not refunded
- BBbetter on Apple iPhone 15 offer on Platinum card?
- BA Flyer IHG Stayer on Avios not refunded
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.7 million of rooms to date. Click for details.