I thought HfP was meant to be full of city types and big corp? Maybe it’s full of people who worked in those industries 20 years ago and not today.
Aviva, Tesco, Sky, London Stock Exchange to name a few all have similar roles. Many many more companies have more specific roles (i.e. specific to Finance Transformation or Digital Transformation). Such roles are pretty ubiquitous these days, if anything BA only just creating the role is more the surprise.
@SteveJ the difference is that the companies you mention are largely evolutionary ones – Tesco and Sky are particularly good examples of UK companies that are constantly adapting to the marketplace and technology. My point was that, like Sainsbury and RR, BA is in or close to crisis – it has very severe operational issues partly relating to shortage of staff and aircraft, both greatly exacerbated by covid. Those issues create considerable cost and customer dissatisfaction. No Director of Transformation role will change that underlying problem; it will be a longer term role that could be effective once the big stuff is fixed. BA has been here before and bounced back and I would be confident they will succeed again; they really need the market to remain as buoyant as this for as long as possible.
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Latest Forum Posts
- NorthernLass on Platinum card loyalty offer
- can2 on Concierge will no longer reserve restaurants
- AL on Change in card benefits
- rwp88 on Concierge will no longer reserve restaurants
- AL on Chat thread – Monday 26th February
- davefl on Chat thread – Monday 26th February
- Michael C on 120 Tier Points Urgently Needed
- SamG on First time help with MR redemption …. for SIN-DPS
- Man of Kent on Washington DC and Seattle things to do/see?
- Cornell on Free 8000 Virgin Red points for [some] 02 customers
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.7 million of rooms to date. Click for details.