Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

JDB 4,181 posts

I thought HfP was meant to be full of city types and big corp? Maybe it’s full of people who worked in those industries 20 years ago and not today.

Aviva, Tesco, Sky, London Stock Exchange to name a few all have similar roles. Many many more companies have more specific roles (i.e. specific to Finance Transformation or Digital Transformation). Such roles are pretty ubiquitous these days, if anything BA only just creating the role is more the surprise.

@SteveJ
the difference is that the companies you mention are largely evolutionary ones – Tesco and Sky are particularly good examples of UK companies that are constantly adapting to the marketplace and technology. My point was that, like Sainsbury and RR, BA is in or close to crisis – it has very severe operational issues partly relating to shortage of staff and aircraft, both greatly exacerbated by covid. Those issues create considerable cost and customer dissatisfaction. No Director of Transformation role will change that underlying problem; it will be a longer term role that could be effective once the big stuff is fixed. BA has been here before and bounced back and I would be confident they will succeed again; they really need the market to remain as buoyant as this for as long as possible.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.