I’m afraid if it’s the premier free one it specifically excludes miles.
If so I think you’ve got a couple of options
Go back to BA and say you weren’t advised you could cancel and ask for it all back (minus £35pp)
My understanding of the illness policy is that it is actually pretty generous in that you wouldn’t need avios seats to get rebooked so if you could do say an Easter trip could be a good outcome
BA played absolute hardball over the ticket validity during most of covid so I wouldn’t expect at all to get next Xmas tbh but could ask via CEO office
@executiveclubber I somewhat disagree – illness is a scenario that you yourself should be responsible for via insurance. Anything the airline does is a gesture of goodwill and most airlines wouldn’t do anything.
You should consider the coverage, limits and outcomes you would require (e.g. do you want them just to pay you back or cover increased costs if you rebooked for a week later) and then buy an appropriate policy.
The Nationwide policy is one that personally I feel covers my needs but I do always have in mind that you can get a refund of Avios tickets up to T-24 so with a refundable hotel pre departure loss risk is minimal
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Latest Forum Posts
- JDB on Amex Platinum insurance – MASTER THREAD
- Parky on New £300 Platinum dining credit July 2022
- LondonFly on Thank you! Now please help plan my LA trip
- Not Long Now… on Flying First – Dallas or Houston?
- davefl on Anyone seen this message from Ba website
- NYB90 on Amex Platinum insurance – MASTER THREAD
- RTS on Cash Advance Fee
- Helloboy on Chat thread – Saturday 24th February
- drdan on Flying First – Dallas or Houston?
- nickd19 on Chat thread – Saturday 24th February
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.7 million of rooms to date. Click for details.