It’s hard to tell you what make sense u need to do what @SteveJ told you to. Try a few dummy bookings to see if you can find availabilities in business if not try with your voucher. If you can’t find availability with or without the amex voucher then neither voucher can help you, if you can find it with both then which voucher will ‘cost you less’ both in terms of the cost of the cards and how much avios vs cash to redeem (that you are ok with). Barclaycard need the max avios option, do you earn enough avios to redeem your voucher?
mine is more a question re credit card strategy than the use of the voucher itself, i have used the barclaycard voucher last summer and indeed you need to use the maximum avios option and the lowest amount of cash. currently i have 100k points but about 75k coming in the next month.
also i didnt find any comparison between the ba and barclay voucher
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Latest Forum Posts
- JDB on Mexico Volcano disruption, flying back on 4th
- YC on Marriott hotels in Tokyo – best option?
- TGLoyalty on Lifts in Terminal 5
- TGLoyalty on More IHG points wierdness
- TGLoyalty on Gold counts for nothing?
- meta on InterContinental hotels in Tokyo – best option?
- Lyn on Chat thread – Thursday 29th February
- HFPCar on BA LHR to SAW
- NigelHamilton on Gold counts for nothing?
- Blair Waldorf Salad on Gold counts for nothing?
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.7 million of rooms to date. Click for details.