Just bumping this thread up to see if anyone has used the lounges in Singapore recently, transiting between legs of BA 15, from LHR-SIN to SIN-SYD continuation of the same flight?
I flew both legs on 11 December (and two friends did it on 15 December). We were told that the time on the ground was 1 hour 15mins – and that we had to be back at the gate 30 minutes before departure. So we headed to the Qatar lounge, which was the closest. The choice is “Eat or shower”. The Qatar lounge is great – clean, nice choice of food, and lots of attentive staff.
As we live quite close to Heathrow, our approach was to shower immediately before leaving home, then have a light snack in Singapore.
I used to be BA Gold (and then used the Qantas First lounge), but no longer have access. The Qatar lounge was almost as good as Qantas First Lounge.
BA 15 to Sydney is a challenge. My experience is that the more you sleep on the first leg, the less you sleep on the second leg.
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Latest Forum Posts
- pbcold on Virgin Voyages deal coming soon?
- NigelHamilton on Amex Platinum Travel Insurance
- Thaliasilje on Amex Platinum Travel Insurance
- duggie1982 on Curve changes from November 10th
- BBbetter on Best Amex option for my wife?
- davefl on Chat thread – Saturday 2nd March
- curiously on Avios not refunded
- JDB on Amex Platinum Travel Insurance
- JDB on Post your American Express Platinum retention offers here!
- Dragonlady on Virgin Voyages not returning to Australia later this year
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.7 million of rooms to date. Click for details.