Just a further update. Eight months after I tried to leave, and 7 months after I complained to Barclays.
I’m still a member of Avios Rewards, and they still don’t seem to be able to cancel it. I’ve now had 7 months fee refunded, so I’m up by 10,500 Avios and two goodwill gestures. I suspect I will be racking up refunds until the heat death of the universe.
Impressively, they managed to sent the latest refund to a completely different Barclays account.
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Latest Forum Posts
- Reeferman on Chat thread – Monday 26th February
- WillPS on Nectar conversion rate changing
- TedL on Chat thread – Monday 26th February
- memesweeper on Where to send my Reward Points?
- BahrainLad on Status match from BAEC & others to Virgin FC (via Air France / KLM)
- BBbetter on Where to send my Reward Points?
- davefl on Where to send my Reward Points?
- BBbetter on Combinations of ALL paid programs
- yonasl on Flying Blue Status Match Offer
- Super Secret Stuff on IAG profits
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.7 million of rooms to date. Click for details.