Another data point, last round of £3k payments made on 19th November (30 days ago) at around 8:30 am. Tried a small transaction this morning of £10 and not charged the fronted fee. Proceeded to do another 3 transactions totalling £3k – no fee charged. So seems like it is indeed every 30 days even though I’ve seen some people here saying it is 31 days. It appears that the 30 days is enforced precisely so make sure you look at the transaction times for your previous months as to not get caught up.
In other news, my downgrade experience is consistent with others, not heard anything back for over a week. My intent was to use £3k this month and downgrade, I am due to renew later today but would very much like to avoid paying it because the insurance benefit stopping in the next 12 days is the final straw for me, unfortunately. Contacted them on X to see if there is a faster response.
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Latest Forum Posts
- tiberius on BA companion voucher anomaly
- Skywalker on Anyone seen this message from Ba website
- JDB on Amex Platinum insurance – MASTER THREAD
- Parky on New £300 Platinum dining credit July 2022
- LondonFly on Thank you! Now please help plan my LA trip
- Not Long Now… on Flying First – Dallas or Houston?
- davefl on Anyone seen this message from Ba website
- NYB90 on Amex Platinum insurance – MASTER THREAD
- RTS on Cash Advance Fee
- Helloboy on Chat thread – Saturday 24th February
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.7 million of rooms to date. Click for details.