As you have discovered, interposing Expedia creates some difficulties however, all is not lost as you do have EC261 rights (not UK261) and Expedia acting as an agent may actually assist you in enforcing those rights, ie pressing RJ to reroute you. You need to check what reasonable options have availability and propose them to Expedia. Initially try calling the numbers they have given but if you get a load of nonsense, ask them to escalate internally and simultaneously write to the CEO’s office (Peter Kern) and the Head of Operations (David McAughan) in a proper letter format by email to pkern and damcaughan bkth at expediagroup.com
It’s worth mentioning that you book with a big name rather than cheaper/lesser agents precisely because you expect them to offer customers support if anything goes wrong as it has here and you expect them to use their market power to ensure airlines and hotels treat Expedia companies properly. Obviously you need to reference Expedia’s apparent failure to date to advise you of your EC261 rights which they should be helping you to enforce.
Once properly pressed, I think you will find them very helpful.
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Latest Forum Posts
- yorkshireRich on Chat thread – Saturday 2nd March
- curiously on Best Amex option for my wife?
- t42 on Heathrow and Hong Kong lounges for first status trip
- Richie on Seeking advice on tier points strategy
- LeeClarke1 on Seeking advice on tier points strategy
- Bill_B on Avios not refunded
- BBbetter on Apple iPhone 15 offer on Platinum card?
- BA Flyer IHG Stayer on Avios not refunded
- damboy5 on Apple iPhone 15 offer on Platinum card?
- Richie on Exec Club year resets – What happens to bonus tier points for BA Holidays?
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.7 million of rooms to date. Click for details.