Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Car rental Avis through BA v direct (avis.co.uk) Reply To: Avis through BA v direct (avis.co.uk)

louie 138 posts

Well, for me, via the BA portal or via either of the routes suggested by @AlexG gives the exact same result. This is for a couple of weeks doing a one way trip in Portugal next month.

I did try avis.com and that was considerably lower, but it didn’t recognise my details when I tried to log in (is Preferred Plus via .com and .co.uk different?) which would have meant paying for an additional driver I presume, which would have probably have exceeded the difference. @davefl’s codes from his old post didn’t work as not a US rental.

I’m planning to pay now, which means I can cancel without penalty up to 48 hours beforehand. It’s not beyond the realms of possibility that family stuff might happen, but I’d hope not within 48 hours of arrival, fingers crossed!

Even if I don’t get an Amazon gift card, I value 8% TCB at more than 5 Avios per £.

BTW, does anyone know if we will have a problem with pre-photocard UK paper licences?

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.