Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Accor Live Limitless Accor vs IHG / Hilton Reply To: Accor vs IHG / Hilton

AndyUK101 55 posts

Don’t forget with Accor, unless you mainly stay at their cheapest properties you’ve got a high chance of hitting Diamond without meeting the number of nights as they let you qualify on spend or nights, so I hit Gold last year despite being short of the 30 nights target.

If you havent already, you can link your Accor account to an airline partner (e.g. Qatar or KLM) so you earn airline points as well as Accor points every time you stay which is a nice bonus.

I’m in the odd situation that most of my stays would be low value, typically £100 a night or less

Usually enough for the local Hampton on 2x point rate, the local HIE on a 1/2k per night bonus point rate or a novotel at £95ish per night, figured enough nights to hit diamond and pick up a few Avios would be worth it over any more nights in Hilton or IHG

As Pangolin mentions, Marriott may be a better option but I liked the look of the signature scheme

Doesn’t sound like there is much of a reason to stretch to Diamond though

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.