Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

shaynemair 38 posts

@LD27 – I think you are forgetting that for a long time after the introduction of e-tickets, BA systematically required production of the card at check-in. Any BA booking confirmation still carries the rubric:-

If the payment cardholder is travelling, you must bring the card used to pay for this booking to the airport with you, for verification, before you can travel.

If you need to have your ticket revalidated (eg minor change) or reissued at any point before or during travel, you are likely to be asked for the card again.

I was recently required to produce the card used in the booking by Qantas to bring forward by one hour an Avios booking made via BA.

So how would I get away with downgrading if it states I need to take that card? As much as I understand this clause in he voucher is valid for 2 years so technically you could be paying £900 to even get the use of 1 voucher?

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.