Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Destination advice Ancient Rome tour – points? Reply To: Ancient Rome tour – points?

NorthernLass 8,479 posts

We were last there at Easter in 2019 and booked the “Skip the Line” Colosseum and Forum tour and didn’t have to queue. The Pantheon wasn’t especially busy – there’s a fabulous ice cream shop not far from it with something like 150 flavours.

Because of the time of year we didn’t even bother with the Sistine Chapel, but queued for 10 minutes or so to get into St Peter’s Basilica (free), which is worth a visit in itself to see Michelangelo’s Pieta and also the tombs of all the popes in the crypt!

We’re going again in February so will try to do the Sistine Chapel then – my dad lived in Rome at one time and took me there as a teenager but I was more interested in Italian boys and fashion back then so didn’t appreciate it sufficiently 😂

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.