Was dead, now working again!: 2,400 Avios [currently 3,600!] when you pre-order ‘Diablo 3’ from Tesco

Tesco Direct is now accepted pre-order for ‘Diablo III’ on PlayStation 3.  This may mean something to you, although frankly it means nothing to me!

What DOES interest me is that Tesco is offering 1,000 bonus Clubcard points when you pre-order a copy for £40.  That is worth 2,400 Avios or 2,500 Flying Club miles, plus the base points from the purchase.

Diablo

The key here is what you can get for the game when it is released, in order to recoup some of your costs.  Tesco only accepts pre-orders from games which it expects to be massive hits, so in theory you should be able to resell it easily.  You could use ebay or sell directly to CEx.

If you could get £30 for it on ebay (so, say, £25 net of all postage, ebay and Paypal costs) then you would have paid £15 for 2,400 Avios, which is a pretty decent deal.

The link to the game on Playstation 3 is here.  It is released on September 3rd, but Tesco will charge you immediately and add your 1,000 bonus Clubcard points straight away.

You can also pre-order the Xbox version here although that is not released until December!  The price is also £40.

It is worth noting that the 1,000 bonus points comprises a 500 point bonus for pre-ordering Diablo III and a 500 point bonus for spending over £30 on pre-order video games in general.  This latter deal will also kick in if you buy any other pre-order game.

Aer Lingus announces San Francisco and Toronto - yours in Business Class for <£100 tax!
Starwood launches new dining discounts for SPG members

Comments

1. GlennM says:

Hello,

I’m afraid it doesn’t show on the basket total for 1000+ clubcard points, only the 500. Which is a nuisance as it stems directly from the promotion. So any order without 1000 points will mean a push back to Tesco to honour the missing points. Which can be a bit of a time killer.

• The offer was available last night, you received 1040 points in total, but looking today i think they may have pulled the offer.

• Oh no, not another Tesco deal pulled just after I write it up! I only wrote this one at 10pm last night!

2. GlennM says:

On a similar note, you can get a double 100 points on the Now85 Pre-order CD, as it combines two CC promotions. Currently 212 points for £12.50 on pre-order.

3. The offer is now back.

4. What's the Point says:

Just ordered it, and its showing as 1,540 CC points. So clearly some sort of error on the website that has given me an extra 500 points!

Clubcard points 40
    Extra Clubcard points 1,500
    Total Clubcard points 1,540

I might even play this game as well

• Just saw the same myself and ordered 1 copy of PS3 and another of Xbox…

Got screenshots just in case…

5. I got it last night I guess just before they took it down! :)

• I ordered last night also. Have cancelled that order to take advantage of the revised bonus – although its clearly a mistake with a 500 point pre order bonus being applied twice. Hope they honour it. Screenshot showing total clubcard points saved just in case.

PS3 and Xbox version ordered.

Read on Paid to shop blog that someone ordered 40 or so copies of Grid 2, wonder how Tesco will view that when it comes to converting the points.

6. showing at 1540 here to

if tescos will give all the points remains too be seen

7. Nick P says:

Worked for me too and bought on the Amex. Thanks Rob.

8. Thanks, it looks like all games are now giving 1000 bonus points if you pre-order at least £35 worth.

9. Russell Evans says:

I used a code TDXR-THNR on Tesco direct for £5 off >£20 spend which brings the price down even further. Not sure if that code is targeted at me, or whether anyone can use it?

• Stephen says:

Doesn’t work for me: “This eCoupon is linked to another customer account and it can only be used in that account. “

• bookish says:

I have the same code in my latest round of coupons. Suspect it is linked to your account?

10. Does anybody know when the game is actually released? The Xbox version says 30 Dec and the PS3 version has 3 Sept…

• Both versions are actually Sep 3rd. New Years Eve is not a clever time to release a game, missing Christmas!

11. Just ordered one of each – it’s still giving 1500 bonus CC points with both versions of the game. If you want to do this, you need to do two separate orders rather than ordering the PS3 and XBox games at the same time. Putting them both on the same order only gives 2000 bonus points as opposed to 3000 if done separately.

12. Michael says:

It’s now giving 2000 CC points per order !! Just ordered a few for the wife and I lol – at 4800 avios per game it’s fill your boots time !!

13. JimmyG says:

The extra points – 2000 CC per order still working at 2.47am!

Fingers crossed they honour it!

14. Simon Bangs says:

Looks like the main show is over offered me just 900 points.