Another British Airways discount code for £100 off a Club Europe flight!

Last month I posted about a £100 discount code that British Airways had launched with Hilton.  This month, BA is running a similar offer in conjunction with Avis.

They are offering a special £100 discount on Club Europe flights this Autumn.  You don’t, though, need to rent an Avis car to take advantage – the code is for anyone.

Full details can be found here.  (EDIT:  See comments below, there are some issues with the code today although I have got it to work fine previously.  Try again later if it is not working.)

Historic Avis

The deal is very simple.  Simply use British Airways promotional code AVIS0913ZH during the booking process at ba.com.

Here is a summary of the terms and conditions:

You must book on or before 14th October

Your outbound flight must be before 31st March 2014

You must book a return flight with both legs in Club Europe

The fare before discount must be at least £350 per person

The discount is valid for up to 9 people per booking

Not valid on CityFlyer (London City flights), codeshares, domestic flights etc

Travel must start and end in the UK

Code does not work on ‘flight and hotel’ or ‘flight and car’ packages

You can also book by phone on 0844 493 0 787.  If you are looking at a ticket priced between £251 and £350 which does not qualify for the discount, it is possible that – if you call – they can book one leg into a more expensive category of ticket (still Club Europe, but a different fare level).

This could tip you over the £350 level and thus make your ticket cheaper than it would be otherwise.

Accor rolls out improved benefits for status customers (including all Amex Plat holders)
You are invited to a weekend of London events sponsored by Amex

Comments

1. Any tips to optimize TP as cheap per TP as possible?

2. Tried to snare this for the inaugural UK-Malta flight on 30 March 2014, but for some reason it says: Sorry, AVIS0913ZH is not recognised or is not currently valid. Please check and try again.

Am I missing something obvious??

• are you booking a return?

• LondonAndy says:

Yes, you are missing something obvious :-)

The bit at the top of the full terms that says “Travel by 15 December 2013”.

• LondonAndy says:

…. although now I look more closely there is a conflict between the date at the top, which says 15 December, and the text in the main body of the terms which says “Travel period: 04 October 2013 – 31 March 2014”.

3. Not working for me either, I’ve logged into my BA account and tried dates ending before dec 15th and it will not accept the code.

The best I hooked up were returns to Marracesh for £402, which would be £300 if the discount applied which would get you 160TP and at least 4000 avios. Pretty much as good as it gets for European TP runs, certainly worth it if you only need a few extra to get to the next level of Exec Club.

4. Sean Brennan says:

I get the same. Not working for a LHR-TLS-LHR out on the 10th and back on the 13th

• Sean Brennan says:

The website detailed above gives an error as well

• Very odd. It has stopped working. Perhaps BA has pulled the page because the code isn’t working?

• Sean Brennan says:

Dilemma!

I need two returns and BA is saying two tickets available. Do I wait in case it is a temporary glitch??

5. Sean Brennan says:

Wahey! It is back up. I’m off to fill my boots!

6. OT
    5000 Tesco Clubcard points
    for a Family cover life insurance

“Available to new customers with a Clubcard who apply by 29/10/13 and then take out the policy.
    Quote promotional code P4L5K to receive the Clubcard points.”

7. Chris Sutter says:

Still not working – very annoying as it would have been perfect timing with me being about to book a CE flight.

Page is up though, I wonder if it’s worth shouting out to BA to ask what’s going on?

8. Chris Sutter says:

Good news! The code on the website has been updated “due to a technical issue”, it is now “Avis0813ZH” and I can confirm it works :)