Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Destination advice Is DragonPass as bad as the online reviews would suggest?

• SamT 5 posts

I’ve been looking into Dragonpass prestige membership since when buying cash they’re cheaper than PP and offer Plaza Premium access in the UK.

I took a look at the reviews however before signing up and they were terrible. Average of 1.2/5. Is the access situation to lounges as bad as the reviews suggest – constantly turned away and therefore your paying for nothing if you can’t get into any of the lounges!

It’d mostly be for lounge access in London airports and Swiss airports but also the odd airport elsewhere. I’d be keen to here from anyone on here who has one.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,195 posts

There is clearly nothing DragonPass can do about lounges running at capacity via paying guests or airline contracts.

However, vs Priority Pass, you get Plaza Premium options (which are not mobbed by Priority Pass people) AND you can prebook certain Plaza Premium lounges via the app, I believe.

Johnie 14 posts

Had DragonPass for five years via Barclays Travel Pack. Some lounges haven’t returned post-Covid – brilliantly located Air France/Korea at LAX notably – but the new app is a real improvement on its predecessor.

There are also now more alternative offers than before – eg no lounge (obviously) at LCY but spa session (manicures etc) available as a substitute, and (fairly typical) restaurant discounts at, for example, LHR to augment Plaza Premium etc access.

Frequently offered ability to pre-book via app which Rob refers to is really positive.

Overall think DP is better than PP (although haven’t had one of those for years). Probably worth checking out any discount offers for DP rather than paying full whack (vaguely recall some mentioned on past forum postings).

stankpa 29 posts

I’ve had a dragon pass as part of RBS (NatWest Black account). We usually fly BA and have access to their lounges but we did 4/5 trips on other airlines this year and we’ve never been turned away. Once we had to wait 15mins for access at Gatwick, that’s all.

SamT 5 posts

Thanks all, I appreciate your views. I’ll have a look for the discount thread that you refer too Johnie, I’d seen one regarding membershio but you had to pay £19.50 per visit with that version of the membership. I probably take at least 10/11 rtn flights a year a few with stopovers so for me it’s more effective to get the unlimited pass also means that if you’ve got a long layover or delay and at an airport with a few different options if not too busy you can try and few out without worrying about the extra cost. If anyone sees a discount on there prestige Membership please do let me know!

Shazza12 47 posts

Following on from SamT – would anyone know of a discount for Dragonpass Prestige Membership – it’s currently £268 for the year v Priority Pass at £377. Thank you

Tracey 210 posts

Worth looking at opening a bank account that includes it as part of the subscription. NatWest black account has given me worldwide travel insurance, home emergency cover, mobile phone cover for 4 phones, car breakdown cover as well as (unlimited) dragon pass. Net cost is £252 (they charge more but then give you back in reward benefits that you can cash out back to your account).

Tracey 210 posts

……make it a joint account and you both get an unlimited dragonpass

BuildBackBetter 705 posts

Worth looking at opening a bank account that includes it as part of the subscription. NatWest black account has given me worldwide travel insurance, home emergency cover, mobile phone cover for 4 phones, car breakdown cover as well as (unlimited) dragon pass. Net cost is £252 (they charge more but then give you back in reward benefits that you can cash out back to your account).

The only problem with these packages is they don’t allow guest access. If you have kids, these are useless.

Has no one thought about it or told them? Or they just assumed customers will pay cash for kids every time?

jack Hartley 1 post

They are rip-off merchants and just keep your money if you are 1 sec late for any reason and do not pay the lounge just keep it for themselves

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.