1,000 free American Airlines miles for watching a video

American Airlines is offering 1,000 free American AAdvantage miles for watching six short videos about the wonders of the AA loyalty programme.

As well as boosting your balance, it will have the added benefit of resetting the expiry date of your miles by another 18 months.

It is quick and easy!

Visit this page on the American Airlines website to start.

US Airways American Airlines

You need to watch six short videos about American Airlines.  At the end of each video is a question to answer.  The questions are incredibly easy so there is no need to watch the video – simply fast forward to the last 5 seconds.

It shouldn’t take more than two minutes to work though them.

There is also a related competition but this is not open to UK residents.  There does not appear to be any geographic restriction on claiming your free 1,000 miles.

They do not post immediately so do not go rushing off to your AA account to check!

Bits: 8000 Avios for Economist sub back, full points for my £27 lastminute.com stay!
What is the best hotel promotion currently available?

Comments

1. Idrive says:

Nice! Thank you!

2. Phillip says:

Just for managing expectations – “OPEN TO/ENTRY DETAILS: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years or older (19 in Alabama and Nebraska).”

I did it a few days ago hoping that it won’t be a strictly enforced rule!

• I’ve entered many previous AA promos over the last 10 years with this in the T&C and the miles have always posted so unless AA’s IT has improved recently it shouldn’t be an issue

3. SimonF says:

As an occasional Avios collector who is unlikely to fly with AA is it worth joining their scheme to get these? Can they transfer to Avios?

• Chris says:

This^+1

• Phillip says:

You can redeem for flights from as little as 5k AAdvantage miles. Particularly useful for flights around Hawaii as they are partners! As a programme that renews expiry with a little activity, and minimal to non-existent taxes and fees, I would say, what have you got to lose? You can’t, however convert to Avios.

• Tom C says:

SimonF, to my knowledge, no, they cannot be transferred.

• Unfortunately they cannot as I have a balance with them which I am struggling to use and which I cannot transfer.

4. Colin MacKinnon says:

Got one wrong! But still got the max 1,000 miles.

Then when I went back to put in my wife’s details, it had already marked her as eligible for the 1,000 without having to go through the questions again. Just had to put her email and number in.

• KageyWorld says:

Yes! Same thing happened to me. So did not have to sit thru all six stories for a second time – altho I kinda like the drawings and wish I could draw like that! Thanks for this tip, Raffles- needed another 18 months for my son!

• Scott says:

Love the drawings too! After watching the first one, I just ended up watching all of them just for the drawings 😉 They are only like 1 minute long anyway! Cheers R.

5. AndyGWP says:

OT: Just doing my first ‘churn’ of the Amex Gold (so it’s my second time of having the card).

I’ve not received the Lounge Club card (which normally comes quickly) – should I assume I need to use the cards I received ‘the first’ time around?

• No, you get a new Lounge Club card with a new membership number. Mine arrived about 3 weeks after the Gold card arrived

• AndyGWP says:

Thanks – strangely when I referred my wife for cards both the gold and platinum had their lounge and priority clubs turn up before the actual Amex!… I was starting to think that was the norm 😀

6. I got the 1000 points in just a few minutes. Result!! No idea when I might redeem them but given I can use them for car hire and hotels I’m sure they won’t go to waste!