3,000 to 5,000 Avios with your first Rocketmiles hotel booking

Rocketmiles is a similar business to Kaligo.com and PointsHound.  It offers you a generous pile of airline miles when you book any property through their website.

As with Kaligo.com and PointsHound, Rocketmiles has deals with various hotel room consolidators to provide it with rooms at wholesale prices. Whilst the selection of hotels available is not the largest, the large profit margins on the rooms allow them to offer very generous mileage incentives when you book.

Rocketmiles will offer you 1,000 – 5,000 Avios points PER NIGHT when you book with them.

Their pricing, frankly, not always the cheapest.  The price should compare OK with booking the hotel directly from its own website (the consolidator route is often used by hotels to quietly move unsold rooms without cutting their headline price) but you should check other independent sites.

If you are not spending your own money when booking hotels, it can be very attractive.

Generous ‘first booking’ offer

Many British Airways Executive Club members received an emailed offer from Rockemiles yesterday.  You will receive a bonus of 5,000 Avios points when you make your first booking.

The 5,000 Avios additional bonus is valid for bookings made by 15th May for stays over the next 12 months.

The sign-up bonus is, without a doubt, a decent deal.  It means that you will receive at least 6,000 Avios points (5,000 bonus miles plus 1,000 base miles) even for the cheapest one-night stay they offer.

You need to book via the link in the email.  It is now clear that it does not work otherwise so I have deleted the URL.

If you were not targetted, you can receive 3,000 Avios on a booking made before 30th June by using this link – https://www.rocketmiles.com/ba-avios-3k-bonus

It is important to remember that you will not earn hotel loyalty points or status credit from your stay booked via Rocketmiles. Depending on the chain, you may or may not be able to get your status benefits honoured (free internet, free breakfast, upgrade etc).

Rocketmiles is fully approved by British Airways. You can see their page at ba.com here. Do NOT book via the link on that page, though, as you will not receive the additional 5,000 Avios.  You need to use the link emailed to you or, for 3000 Avios, this link – https://www.rocketmiles.com/ba-avios-3k-bonus

REMINDER: Win £300 of hotel stays with HotelTonight - and a discount for both new and existing customers
wheretocredit.com - a handy resource I never knew existed

1. Johnnycl says:

I can’t get this to work, it keeps coming up with a message saying “this promotion requires a promotional code” and shows bonus avios = 0 when going through to reservation.

• I receive the same message when looking to book the Lowry hotel in Manchester in 2 weeks time.

2. Erico1875 says:

I havnt received the offer but am about to book a weekend for my wife and daughter. Difference is £25. 8K Avios= tempted to take a punt. She would get 3k anyway

• barry cutters says:

is it a two night stay? book one night through rocket miles and the other through normal means, hotel will let you keep the room right through obv

• Genghis says:

Or if the pricing works through Rocketmiles for you and your wife on separate bookings for 16k avios?

3. Me to I get the same message on any hotel I looked at.

4. Cornelius says:

Getting same error.

5. OK, in that case it clearly is targetted. I will amend.

6. As a booby prize, this link gives you 3000 bonus avios

• Thanks Neil, added this in

• Thanks – that worked and hotel booked! I’ve not used Rocketmiles in over a year, but coincidentally I had their site open in my browser last night and ready to book a hotel this morning, so this was a nice treat.

7. Any clue as to what determines your eligibility to be targeted for these promotions?

• No idea, I only got it once across numerous family accounts.

Could be random, could be ‘members who have converted hotel points to Avios / earned from a hotel stay’.

• Both me and my wife got the email from BA with the targeted offer. I haven’t transferred hotel points to BAEC (just to Iberia) and my wife hasn’t so not sure of any pattern.

8. Yeah i tried the link for 5000 bonus points aswell and it’s saying it requires a promotion code. the link for 3000 points works fine

9. apologies O/T, hope someone might have done this recently and know the answer

I just received my and the wifes free night voucher for spending 750 pounds each on the barclacyard Hilton visa. have closed the barclacyard accounts this morning. how long do I need to wait to reopen them and then trigger new free night vouchers?

is it 6 months like the amex welcome bonuses?

• Yep, six months seems to work for most folk.

• Did you get your 10,000 points for first four stays before you cancelled?

• nope, not interested in collecting Honours points, only interested in the free night voucher.

using them in Dubai for a stopover to oz next month…

anyone advice whether a 2 night stay at Waldorf Dubai or Conrad Dubai is nicer?

• The Conrad’s nice, but it is effectively at the side of a motorway with not much to see on foot. The metro is across the road though.

10. Wyle E Coyote says:

After you posted the ‘Bits: excellent Virgin East Coast sale, Heathrow Airport Parking sale, 3000 Avios with RocketMiles’ post yesterday I created an account with RocketMiles and mad a booking (you also said it expired last nigh so. Acted quickly). Even though I used he link you provide on the page there as no mention of the 5000 or the 3000 miles bonus.

Now when I click on the same link it clearly advertises these bonuses but since m booking is non-refundable it seems cancelling this and creating another new account in my husband’s name to take advantage of the bonus is not available to me.

What part did I get wrong?

11. pazza2000 says:

I am already a member of Rocketmiles under my BAEC registered email and have received this promotion. In thinking about it I’ve never credited to BA and the promo link seems to work (lists the correct miles inc. the bonus miles) so I have registered under a different email to credit to BA, I assume that is perfectly OK?

12. Sorry, O/T – In BA Avios redemption sales, are you still able to book Cathay Pacific (and other partners) via the BA website at the reduced rate?

13. Just compared Kaligo, rocketmiles and pointshound with my existing 4 hotel bookings on hotels.com, and all four are more expensive with points offers that don’t nearly make up the difference. Furthermore, I had a 10% discounbt code with hotels.com. Only searched on these points-back sites once before but after this analysis, won’t be wasting my time again.

14. Cheshire Pete says:

I’ve said this previously, but as an example I compared 2 hotels Id short listed for the end of my trip to Miami over Easter. Rocket miles were on average £50 more expensive than Booking.com for exactly the same room at the same hotel on the same day. £170 on Rocket miles compared to £118 on booking.com. Rocket miles state on their website they ‘compare favourably’ to other booking sites plus you get avios on top. I completely disagree. The base miles for this hotel was just 2000 avios for £50. You’re obviously paying extra to get the miles. No thanks.