500 Virgin Flying Club miles with the Shops Away newsletter

Shops Away is the Virgin Atlantic equivalent of the British Airways Gate 365 e-store.  It allows you to earn a few miles every time you shop at participating online retailers after first clicking through from the Shops Away website.

Virgin has a new special offer running:

You will receive 500 bonus Flying Club miles by signing up to the Shops Away newsletter AND making a purchase before 31st May.

Virgin Atlantic Flying Club Shops Away

To sign up, visit this page of the Flying Club website, log in and click through to Shops Away.

As soon as you land on the Shops Away page, an overlay should appear featuring the image above.  There is a box on the form for your email address.  Fill it in and you are registered.

It shouldn’t be too difficult to find one item to purchase via Shops Away over the next six weeks in order to earn your 500 bonus points.

PS.  Remember that you can also earn 250 miles for installing the Shops Away Mile Finder shopping toolbar.  Click here for more details.

It's back - 1,200 FREE Avios points or 1,250 Virgin miles for joining TopCashback!
Bits: 15% off Leading Hotels, Etihad buying Air Malta, free delivery on Tesco Wine, Mongol Rally

1. Tilly71 says:

I signed up using the newsletter link and made a qualifying purchase two weeks ago, I’m not use how long this offer has been running for but can anyone advise how long from experience the bonus points take to hit your account.
    It does state what the usual 45 days for credit but just interested if any sooner.

2. I can’t see the newsletter link, presumably as I’m already a member, will try from a PC…

3. No work for me

4. Sebastian says:

I’ve got it. Make sure you do not have a pop up/ad blocker on.

5. Floridaglen says:

I signed up for the newsletter and made a small purchase through Shops Away on 6th April and the points for the purchase are showing as pending as expected. There is no sign of the 500 bonus points, either pending or approved. Does anyone know if I should have received the bonus yet?

6. A cautionary tale, perhaps not representative of ‘Shops Away’ in general and this was a few years ago…. but, I found that some items were more expensive *from the same retailer* when sourced via ‘Shops Away’ than when visiting the retailer’s site directly.

Specifically, this was for printer cartridges.

Bye for now,

• I agree. I gave up using shops away. I also found that you would get the points and then say10 months later they would be removed from your account for no reason.

7. Don’t forget that the Tesco ClubCard quarter ends on 5th May.
    If you have your preferences set to auto convert to Virgin Miles you may wish to take it off so that you can (probably) claim 1000 points for setting it on at the start of the next quarter.
    This has worked for me for the last three quarters.

• Nick Baker says:

Cheers pal, good tips on the comments here as usual.

Shout out to Raffles, this is one of the few websites where comments are very consistently positive and constructive.

• Yes, works for me every time on both accounts.

• Paula M says:

Looking at your tip – when do you take off the auto convert? before or after the 5th May?

• I wouldn’t set this up until well after 5th May to ensure that your current points are not converted. Set it up and remove it 6 weeks or so later, so there is no chance of the next lot being autoconverted. There is risk here so be careful.

8. I think they’ve withdrawn the 500 points magazine offer, tried 3 browsers no good

• ok that link looks wrong – it’s not – it prompted the newsletter pop up (I was already logged in)

‘Make the most of your Shops Away account and earn 500 bonus miles by simply signing up to our monthly newsletter and making a valid purchase between 29 March – 31 May, it’s your access to all our news, bonus mile and retailer offers!’

‘You’re all set!

Thank you for subscribing. You can unsubscribe at any time via the Shops Away communication preferences page.’

9. John Thr says:

To get the Pop-up you need to go all the way through to actually start shopping (ie click Shop Now twice ) !