Important dates for your diary – offers about to close which you shouldn’t miss

Here is the latest edition of our fortnightly weekend feature which summarises offers that are ending soon. It pulls together the different deals mentioned on our Avios Promos, Hotel Promos, Credit Cards and regular article pages.

The key thing to focus on is Tuesday 17th May.  This is the end of the current round of British Airways offers, including the very generous BA Holidays deals, the Club World and First Class sale and the improved ‘part pay with Avios’ offer.

Deals closing soon:

TODAY (Sunday)

Last day to get 480 Avios for every HP printer ink cartridge you buy in a Tesco store (not via Tesco Direct).  Article.

Monday 16th May

Last day to register for Starwood’s ‘free night for 3 Design Hotel nights’ promo.  Article.

Tuesday 17th May

Last day to book for the current British Airways sale, for travel into 2017.  Article and see here for a separate article on the BA Holidays sale which ends the same day (and is even better value than the main sale).

Thursday 19th May

Last day to book in the South African Airways sale.  Article.

Tuesday 31st May

Last day to book an Accor hotel for their ‘6000 Avios for three stays’ offer (stay by 31st August).  Article.

Last day to get a £10 Amazon gift card with your first foreign currency transfer from Azimo.  Article.

Last day to earn 500 bonus Avios for spending £50 at LOVEtheatre.  Article.

Last day to apply for the Virgin Flying Club credit cards with the subtantially increased bonuses.  Article.

Last day to get 500 Virgin miles by signing up to the Shops Away newsletter and making a purchase via their shopping portal.  Article.

Last day to earn 11,400 Miles & More miles with an Economist subscription.  Article.

Friday 3rd June

Last day for a 100% bonus when you buy Hilton HHonors points.  Article.

Is BA changing Reward Flight Saver? Might be, might not be ....
New UK airport lounge joins Priority Pass

1. Genghis says:

Today I believe is also last day for Rocketmiles 5k avios promo
    I had a good look yesterday but their pricing (for hotels in China) was just too high to even justify the bonus

• Andrew H says:

I have struggled to find any good value hotels in Rocketmiles in the last month or so. My last stay was a £60 T5 Thistle room for 4000 avios which was a good deal. However, I am struggling to find *any* hotels showing up at these airports in the current promotion, and on the odd occasion that I do, they cost at least £100.

I think Rocketmiles may have removed them from search results in the current promotion.

• Genghis says:

I had another play around this morning looking for China hotels again on Rocketmiles and I seems you’re right. Certain ‘good value’ hotels get removed when going through the promo page.

• Andrew H says:

Yes, they must have noticed everyone paying for 50 quid hotels and getting 4k avios out of it. Not much in it for Rocketmiles I suspect.

2. mr bridge says:

is there a page anywhere that shows historic dates for BA sales?, or do they always happen completely randomly?

• There is a rough pattern but often skewed by short term cash needs.

• Really ? with bank funding at near historic lows, it would seem implausible that discounting tickets to raise cash was cheaper than extending borrowing.

My relatively tiny business can borrow sub 4%.

• TGLoyalty says:

Maybe not always about cash but getting bums on seats before reporting periods?

Also while borrowing maybe cheap taking finance with low booking numbers doesn’t exactly look great to your investors?

3. O/T but I see the virgin miles for the ISA have reappeared today, they disappeared as per others comments last week. They are split as 2 x 6000 mile amounts, and they still haven’t had any money from me…

4. TGLoyalty says:

Looks like Accelerate for June to September is up

Poor one for me 15 nights for 36k points vs 3 nights for 36k for the last.