In yesterdays post, I highlighted an arbitrage from BAA WorldPoints into BMI Diamond Club. Today, I want to highlight a few ways to use BMI Diamond Club to earn more miles for a hotel stay than you would via British Airways Executive Club.
Since BMI miles can be converted to Avios on July 3rd, you can make an extra turn by crediting to BMI in certain circumstances.
Hilton, as I mentioned in my post last week, is the obvious extreme – BMI pays you 2,000 miles PER NIGHT (max 3 nights) whilst British Airways gives just 500 Avios PER STAY. On a 3-nighter, you are 600% better off crediting to BMI.
Here are the other ones:
- Radisson hotels offer 1,000 BMI miles per night, max 3k per stay
- Wyndham hotels offer 1,000 BMI miles per night, max 5k per stay (rates for other hotels in the Wyndham family vary)
- Taj hotels offer 1,000 BMI miles per night, max 3k per stay. BA is 500 Avios per stay.
- Regent hotels offers 1,000 BMI miles per night, max 3k per stay
- Jury’s Inn offers 1,000 BMI miles per night, with no stated cap
Wyndham, Regent and Jury’s Inn are not Avios partners at all, so this is the only way to collect Avios if staying in one of there properties.
If staying in a Radisson before 15th July, though, I would recommend joining Club Carlson instead and joining in their ‘Big Night Giveaway’ promotion, which is worth a lot more than 1,000 miles per night.
Hotel offers update – February 2024:
Want to earn more hotel points? Click here to see our complete list of promotions from the major hotel chains or use the ‘Hotel Offers’ link in the menu bar at the top of the page.
Want to buy hotel points?
- Hilton Honors is offering an 80% to 100% bonus when you buy points by 12th March 2024. Click here.
- IHG One Rewards is offering an 80% bonus when you buy points by 7th March 2024. Click here.
- Marriott Bonvoy is offering a 35% to 40% bonus when you buy points by 31st March 2024. Click here.
- World of Hyatt is offering a 20% discount when you buy points by 9th April 2024. Click here.