In yesterdays post, I highlighted an arbitrage from BAA WorldPoints into BMI Diamond Club. Today, I want to highlight a few ways to use BMI Diamond Club to earn more miles for a hotel stay than you would via British Airways Executive Club. Since BMI miles can be coverted to Avios on July 3rd, you can make an extra turn by crediting to BMI in certain circumstances.
Hilton, as I mentioned in my post last week, is the obvious extreme – BMI pays you 2,000 miles PER NIGHT (max 3 nights) whilst British Airways gives just 500 Avios PER STAY. On a 3-nighter, you are 600% better off crediting to BMI.
Here are the other ones:
- Radisson hotels offer 1,000 BMI miles per night, max 3k per stay
- Wyndham hotels offer 1,000 BMI miles per night, max 5k per stay (rates for other hotels in the Wyndham family vary)
- Taj hotels offer 1,000 BMI miles per night, max 3k per stay. BA is 500 Avios per stay.
- Regent hotels offers 1,000 BMI miles per night, max 3k per stay
- Jury’s Inn offers 1,000 BMI miles per night, with no stated cap
Wyndham, Regent and Jury’s Inn are not Avios partners at all, so this is the only way to collect Avios if staying in one of there properties.
If staying in a Radisson before 15th July, though, I would recommend joining Club Carlson instead and joining in their ‘Big Night Giveaway’ promotion, which is worth a lot more than 1,000 miles per night.
(Remember to follow our ‘Hotel Promos’ page for all of the latest hotel offers.)