BA sale

10,000 x £10 East Coast trains vouchers in The Sunday Telegraph tomorrow

East Coast trains is jumping on the redspottedhanky bandwagon by giving away 10,000 x £10 discount vouchers tomorrow.

There is some information on The Telegraph website here.

No minimum spend will be required.

East Coast thumbnail

What is not clear is whether you can only use the voucher on East Coast or on any train company.  The website above is very vague on the subject.  I redeem quite a few East Coast evouchers (I redeem Amex Membership Rewards points for them, getting 0.6p per point) and I don’t think there is any easy way for them to restrict their use to East Coast trains only.

East Coast is also pretty good about not adding extra costs to your booking.  There is no credit card fee and no booking fee.  Delivery by post is £1 although you can also choose to collect your ticket from a machine at the station for free.

If anyone is up early on Sunday morning, please post the code in this thread!  I assume that it will be a generic code that anyone can use, whether or not they have bought a paper.

Trip report with photos: Emirates A380 Business Class review, Dubai to London
Get a bargain in the annual Business Traveller charity Christmas auction

Hilton India and SEA sale
BA sale

Comments

1. Seems that once you add the voucher to your account its expiry date goes to Thu, Jan 1st 2015 according to my online account

• Might then just treat it as a £10 voucher and let you use it for any train operator

• Flashware says:

Well done for not taking their restrictions at face value! I’ve now done the same and as such it also easily allowed me to enter both my wife’s and my code into the 1 account 🙂

2. pazza2000 says:

Darn, nothing as of yet… I didn’t sign up until Sun afternoon, perhaps I was too late.

3. I signed up on Monday and got one. Guess I was lucky. Can anyone confirm if it can be used on non east coast trains despite the noted restriction?!

• Nick Burch says:

In theory, no. However, if you log into your East Coast account, and go to the e-vouchers page, then you can add it in there. It then shows up as a normal £10 voucher with an expiry date of 1st Jan 2015!

• Nick Burch says:

Hmm, I’ve just tried booking an east coast trip, and got the error “One of the selected gift eVouchers is restricted to East Coast (except Glasgow) who do not operate your chosen journey”. Only thing is, the trains I was trying to book on really were East Coast ones! I’ve sent them an email to ask them about it, but it looks like they have been a little over strict with how they’ve setup the codes…

• Hi Nick – try just refreshing the page and pressing pay – that might just work

• Nick Burch says:

Nope, same error pops up even after doing that. Guess I’ll have to wait for their customer services to reply

4. John Gallagher says:

anyone not planning on using their voucher happy to donate it to me (as neither my wife nor I seem to have been successful 🙁

5. Nick

Did you get any response?

• Nick Burch says:

They only got back to me this afternoon. They’ve asked for screenshots, which I’ve just sent, we’ll see what they have to say next…

6. blindman says:

I’ve just booked a journey sucessfully using the vouchers for a trip that includes First Great Western trains.
    Did not go through the “special” link to book, just booked through my account as normal.

Bonus!