BA sale

10,000 x £10 East Coast trains vouchers in The Sunday Telegraph tomorrow

East Coast trains is jumping on the redspottedhanky bandwagon by giving away 10,000 x £10 discount vouchers tomorrow.

There is some information on The Telegraph website here.

No minimum spend will be required.

East Coast thumbnail

What is not clear is whether you can only use the voucher on East Coast or on any train company.  The website above is very vague on the subject.  I redeem quite a few East Coast evouchers (I redeem Amex Membership Rewards points for them, getting 0.6p per point) and I don’t think there is any easy way for them to restrict their use to East Coast trains only.

East Coast is also pretty good about not adding extra costs to your booking.  There is no credit card fee and no booking fee.  Delivery by post is £1 although you can also choose to collect your ticket from a machine at the station for free.

If anyone is up early on Sunday morning, please post the code in this thread!  I assume that it will be a generic code that anyone can use, whether or not they have bought a paper.

Trip report with photos: Emirates A380 Business Class review, Dubai to London
Get a bargain in the annual Business Traveller charity Christmas auction

Comments

1. The points that you collect with East coast are more than worthwhile, I redeemed two free tickets from Doncaster to Edinburgh yesterday for when I travel to the 6 nations match between Scotland and England (saved me about £100)

• That’s a nice redemption.

• They are very good. I needed a 5pm First Class train out of London (on a Friday!) a while back and, whilst cash prices were unsurprisingly crazy, East Coast Rewards had seats.

A little secret of East Coast Rewards is that, with an adult redemption, you can book seats for accompanying kids (over 5 years) for a flat fee of £10 in First Class. No points required.

• These vouchers were very useful as there were no reward trains in the morning from Edinburgh to doncaster on the day I wanted to travel. With the three codes I had two first class seats were £14 each

2. blindman says:

Looks clearr to me

“The eVoucher is only valid on East Coast trains. ”

3. Andrew (@andrewseftel) says:

Worth mentioning that you can get the paper free with a £3 spend at Waitrose with a mywaitrose card.

• Andrew (@andrewseftel) says:

Quoting the page you linked: ‘You will need to spend £5 to qualify but this can include the price of the newspaper.’ Sunday Telegraph is £2 so you only need £3 of groceries.

• Right, so you pay £0 for the paper free and £5 of groceries, or you pay £2 for the paper and £3 of groceries.

• The newspapers must not be described as ‘free’ as they cannot be counted in circulation figures! Hence the odd system Waitrose use, where you spend £5 and then get a discount equivalent to cost of a Guardian / Observer, Telegraph or Mail.

• I was going to mention this in the post (we live 60 seconds from a Waitrose) but as they don’t open until 10.30 / 11 on Sunday I thought we would have the code by then anyway!

4. …I believe the £5 spend includes the cost of the newspaper i.e. £3 groceries + £2 newspaper.

5. I’m not sure if it includes the Sunday edition but you can sign up to The Telegraph digital service for 14 days free on a trial basis. I’m not sure it will include the offer as somethings are not available on digital for example the crossword.

Even if it isn’t it’s a free newspaper on your phone/tablet/pc for a fortnight

6. rob allenby says:

Code is TELPROM10

7. rob allenby says:
  8. Applied by around 10 but didn’t get an email – any others more successful?

9. John Gallagher says:

Anyone heard anything yet (I registered about 08:30am)

10. blindman says:

The East Coast eVoucher will be sent to all eligible Telegraph readers by 23.59 on 21st November 2013 using the registered email address provided when registering for the promotion.

11. Flashware says:

Hello Flashware,
    Congratulations! You were one of the first 10,000 Sunday Telegraph readers to register for a free £10 East Coast eVoucher. Your eVoucher code and instructions for use are provided below.