Time Out magazine is currently running an exclusive online promotion for East Coast Trains. This offers substantial discounts if you are travelling to or from London over the Summer.
The ‘one way’ fares quoted are (and these are flat fares, not ‘from’ fares):
Peterborough: £8 (Standard), £19 (First)
Grantham: £8 (Standard), £19 (First)
Newark: £8 (Standard), £19 (First)
Doncaster: £8 (Standard), £28 (First)
Leeds: £10 (Standard), £30 (First)
York: £10 (Standard), £30 (First)
Darlington: £11 (Standard), £39.50 (First)
Durham: £12 (Standard), £40 (First)
Newcastle: £12 (Standard), £40 (First)
Berwick: £17 (Standard), £43 (First)
Edinburgh,: £20 (Standard), £43 (First)
Here are the booking rules:
- Voucher valid for off-peak travel on all East Coast routes to/from London listed above between July 28 and September 26, 2014 (excluding all routes from August 22-25 and London to/from Edinburgh from July 23 – August 3).
- You must book your train(s) via the unique link on your voucher by 11.59pm on July 14, 2014.
- Booking is subject to availability, which will be limited on peak-time trains.
- Offer is available on First and Standard Class tickets. If you have purchased a Standard Class ticket, no upgrade to First Class will be allowed, except at weekends upon payment of a Weekend First supplement.
- Travel is only permitted on the East Coast service you are reserved on, and no break of journey is allowed except to change to/from East Coast connecting trains where these are shown on your ticket or itinerary.
- Once a booking is made, no refunds or changes will be allowed. There is no child, Railcard, or other promotional discount available with this offer. Under 5s travel free if they do not occupy a seat.
- Advance ticket T&C’s and exclusions apply. See eastcoast.co.uk.
- There is no cash value for any voucher.
- This voucher cannot be cancelled, refunded or used with any other offer or promotion.
In order to book, you need to download a free voucher from the Time Out website. The link is here. The voucher contains a personalised link to a special booking website.
Note that there is some confusion over dates. The rules above say that the deadline to book is midnight on Monday. The website says in big letters that the deadline is midnight on Tuesday. I would assume Monday just to be sure.
Don’t forget to sign up for East Coast Rewards as well. Just 50 points (£35 of First Class spend or £50 of standard class spend) gets you a pass for the First Class lounge at Kings Cross for example.
If you have friends or family who use East Coast, remember that you can use the sharing buttons below to email this story to someone or add it to your Facebook, Twitter or similar feed.