Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

100 free Virgin Atlantic (or American) miles for almost nothing

Hotel booking site PointsHound is similar to Kaligo and Rocketmiles.  In return for booking your hotel through their site, you are rewarded with a chunk of airline miles.

British Airways Executive Club is not a PointsHound partner.  However, Virgin Atlantic Flying Club is.

For a limited time, you can earn 100 Virgin miles simply for registering with PointsHound.   Click on this link and you will be taken to a special Virgin sign-up page.

PointsHound

The process is a little fiddly.  After inputting your name and email address, you will suddenly jump to the main PointsHound home page.  You need to click on ‘Level 1’ in the top right corner and select ‘My Account’.

You will see 100 Virgin Atlantic miles pending.  However, before you can receive them, you need to add your Virgin Flying Club account details on this page.

You don’t need to do anything else to receive your 100 miles.  If you do book a hotel with PointsHound, however, you will receive 1,000 bonus Virgin Flying Club miles on your first booking.

And an American Airlines option ….

There is an identical version of this promotion for American Airlines which can be found here.

One reason to consider this instead of Virgin, if you have an AA account, is that the 100 miles will reset the expiry clock on your AA account.

The ‘first booking’ bonus with American is more generous at 2,000 miles.

(Want to earn more Virgin Flying Club miles?  Click here to see recent articles on Virgin Atlantic, Little Red and Flying Club, and click here for the latest news on earning and spending other airline and hotel points.)

Comments (34)

• Nick says:

My 100 have posted from joining this morning at 7am.

• pazza2000 says:

Strange, neither my VS or AA have posted…

• pazza2000 says:

Still no VS/AA miles, signed up on the iPhone one after the other, Perhaps points hound recognised this… Could really do with the easy miles to extend the longevity of my AA

• Phil says:

There are some bargains to be had booking via pointshound especially if you need to too up your AA account. I have been waiting I reach 50,000 for a while after that great AA offer (40,000) some years back. This can now get me a return flight at the next level and give me more options. In my view this AA offer would benefit from an article by itself but thankfully I read on to the bottom!
      Thanks raffles.

• pazza2000 says:

Odd, both the VS / AA miles haven’t showed up. I’m assuming PH identified I had opened two account from the same location one after the other. Trouble is, I used fake emails and habe forgotten what they were to check in on it, so my own fault, Need to think of another route to earn an AA mile to keep my account active, could always transfer SPG though I think there’s a 1k minimum.

• Nigel says:

Looking at my Pointshound account shows my daughter (;0) signed up on the 12th and the points were submitted to the program on the 16th.
    Nothing on AA as of yet.