Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Bits: Etihad business sale with triple miles, hotels.com sale

Some news in brief:

Etihad business class sale

Etihad is running a business class sale until Thursday – see here for full details.

Alongside it, they are offering double miles in economy and triple miles in business class and first class.

Both the sale and the triple miles deal are for travel until 15th June 2016.  You must register for the triple miles offer via this page – you do not get it automatically when you book a sale ticket.

Note that Etihad does not provide its free chauffeur service on heavily discounted business class tickets.  I would imagine, but am not certain, that these fares do not qualify.

Etihad 350

hotels.com 72-hour sale

Finally, hotels.com is running another 3-day sale until Thursday.  These deals can often be a little, ahem, ‘suspect’ but you do find the occasional bargain.  If you’re booking hotels at the moment it is worth a quick look.  The sale page is here.

Comments (42)

• TTT says:

Rob deserves any revenue stream he could get. It’s not easy for everyone to understand how much work is required to create multiple contents daily for a few years running unless you are a blogger yourself (I was). Even harder to juggle it with your day job / family / other commitments.

Back to the Etihad promo, they’ve been running these many times already – though the bonus miles never seem to be credited to my account!

• Brian says:

You like maximising the value and fun of travel and you’re not interested in Clubcard points? Wow! You need to read this blog more!! :))

• Leo says:

What can I say – I shop at Waitrose!

• Brian says:

That’s no problem. Buy 3V giftcards. Use them to buy Waitrose gift vouchers at highstreetvouchers.com. Then shop at Waitrose, smug in the knowledge that you are getting 150 Clubcard points for every 50 pounds you spend there!! It’s what I do with both Waitrose and Sainsbury’s.

• Leo says:

Ta for that 🙂

• idrive says:

Leo, you need to read more and be more creative:-)

• Leo says:

I just pick and choose how much effort I expend. I admire the commitment of others to the “hobby” but you know life is short….

• Mark says:

I wish I could “buy 3v gift cards”! I got four x pay.com £25’s at my local Tesco a month ago, and have spent many wasted visits there hoping to find them again.
          Are they still available at other Tesco stores? Am I just unlucky with timing, or do some stores simply not stock them?

• Mick says:

Jeeso!!!! I missed the trick on highstreetvouchers.com …….I’ve been buying small amounts to pay Scottish Power …. Thanks for this !

• Andy says:

Totally OT, but as this is a “bits” post I don’t feel too guilty.

For the Accelerate IHG promo I have the pitiful amount of 600 points available for spending $39 on food & drink, and I was wondering if paying for breakfast (for 2) on a reward night redemption at a Crowne Plaza would be applicable towards that target?

The 600 points are pretty irrelevant, but it will help me knock off one of the targets to get the achievement bonus pretty easily.

• Rob says:

Good question. There has never been a condition like this in an IHG promo before so it isn’t clear if reward night spending would count. Reward nights DO count as qualifying stays towards status but, of course, do not count as qualifying stays towards doing ‘x nights’ for this promo, so it could go either way.

• AndyGWP says:

Exactly the same target for me ($39 on food & drink) and be interested to hear how this is captured when in a UK hotel spending £’s… straight forward exchange rate conversion, or swap the value of $39 for £39?

What are IHG like for crediting points for these promotions – is it likely I would need to chase them regardless?

• Rob says:

And is it $39 excluding VAT or including VAT?

They have had real trouble tracking transactions in the past but, in the end, people get what they are due. Often after a few emails.