Thank you to everyone who came to the Head for Points Christmas party at the Dry Martini bar at the Melia White House hotel on Tuesday night.
It was another great event and definitely needs to be repeated soon. Apologies to everyone who tried to get a ticket but didn’t get lucky. We will look into a bigger venue, more nights and/or a different ticketing system for the next event. Promise.
We do want to share some of the great pictures Jamie took on the night (big thank you) and also take this opportunity to thank Qatar Airways for sponsoring the event.
The Qatar Airways marketing team – see below – was out in force and I know they were very impressed by how many of our readers had already flown with them and how knowledgeable they were about the Qatar Airways product and service.
I think this is my favourite picture of the evening ….
We had some great conversations ….
and it was really nice to meet so many of you ….
The bar staff did a great job:
and there was never a long waiting time:
In addition to complimentary wine, beer and soft drinks we decided to also serve prosecco this year.
One of the major contributors to our comments section is in this picture:
Again we forgot to video Rob’s speech …..
A big thank you to all the companies who generously offered raffle prizes! And congratulations to the 18 winners.
The main prize was:
- Qatar Airways: 1 Business Class return ticket from the UK to almost any Qatar Airways destination
Here is the winner, Lee, with the Qatar Airways team:
And thank you to the other companies who generously donated our other prizes:
- Airportr: Free luggage transportation from your home or office (within their service area) to Heathrow or Gatwick
- Alan Boswell Insurance: 5,000 Avios
- ANA: Rimowa trolley case
- Avios Group – 20,000 Avios
- Charles Tyrwhitt: a business suit
- Eurostar: 1,000 Club Eurostar points
- Heathrow Express: a pair of Business First tickets
- Heathrow Rewards: 2 x 10,000 Heathrow Rewards points
- IHG: 10,000 IHG Rewards Club points
- Melia Hotels International: a weekend stay at any Melia hotel in Europe
- Norwegian: 1,000 CashPoints
- Plaza Premium: 2 x 2 lounge passes for any PP Heathrow lounge, including Terminal 5
- REAL Transfers: a return Mercedes airport transport to Heathrow or Gatwick from anywhere inside the M25
- Virgin Flying Club – 20,000 Virgin Flying Club miles
- Vueling – a €500 flight voucher
Also a big thank you to Qatar Airways, Charles Tyrwhitt and Conde Nast Traveller for providing goodie bag items.
Some readers who missed out on a ticket came later at 8pm when the bar reopened to the public, and there were still some readers in the bar when we left just before midnight – six hours after the party started.