The current Etihad sale runs until 13th January. Full details can be found here.
Some readers will have a ‘save £100 on an £800 Etihad purchase’ as an offer on one of their American Express cards. This will work on sale fares.
You must travel outbound by 30th September and back by 15th October. Business Class deals include:
- Edinburgh – Singapore £1594
- Edinburgh – Ahmedabad £1866
- Edinburgh – Bangkok £1643
- Edinburgh – Colombo £1689
- Edinburgh – Hong Kong £1776
- Edinburgh – Seoul £1863
- London – Bangkok £1789
- London – Dubai £1500
- London – Kathmandu £1928
- London – New Delhi £1662
- London – Shanghai £2134
- Manchester – Chennai £1939
- Manchester – Mumbai £1742
You can find more details here.
Your best option to maximise your miles when paying is American Express Preferred Rewards Gold. This offers double points – 2 per £1 – when you when you book flight tickets directly with an airline. Our review of Amex Gold is here.
How to earn Etihad Guest miles from UK credit cards (June 2021)
Etihad Guest does not have a UK credit card. However, you can earn Etihad Guest miles by converting Membership Rewards points earned from selected UK American Express cards. These are:
- American Express Preferred Rewards Gold (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 20,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 20,000 Etihad Guest miles. This card is FREE for your first year and also comes with two free airport lounge passes.
- The Platinum Card from American Express (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 30,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 30,000 Etihad Guest miles
- American Express Rewards credit card (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 5,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 5,000 Etihad Guest miles. This card is FREE for life.
Membership Rewards points convert at 1:1 into Etihad Guest miles which is an attractive rate. The cards above all earn 1 Membership Rewards point per £1 spent on your card, which converts to 1 Etihad Guest mile. The Gold card earns double points (2 per £1) on all flights you charge to it.
Etihad Guest is also a partner with the HSBC Premier Mastercard (0.5 miles per £1 spent) and HSBC Premier World Elite Mastercard (1 mile per £1 spent).