YOTEL launches a non-loyalty scheme for its hotels, called My YOTEL

YOTEL has launched My YOTEL.  This is advertised as a ‘membership scheme’ but, oddly, has no benefits whatsoever for frequent guests.

EDIT:  My YOTEL has now been replaced by [email protected]  This HFP article tells you how [email protected], the YOTEL membership scheme, works and what the benefits are.

Yotel New York

What you can get is a discount of ‘at least’ 10% when you stay at the Yotel New York (pictured above), Yotel Boston or Yotel Singapore hotels.  No other properties are included.

If you thinking about staying at any of these hotels then it is worth registering – the link is here.

You have nine days left to claim your Hilton Honors Diamond extension
What will a fraudster pay for your Avios log-in details on the dark web?

AMEX Gold 20,000 bonus points

Comments

1. Graeme says:

OT. I have the Amex plat card. I haven’t used the status benefits at any hotel chains yet as I don’t have any upcoming stays. Is there any benefit to waiting to signing up? Will the expiry date line up with when I first get status or the anniversary of the card date?

Thanks in advance.

• If you think you may use them, you should sign up. Some can be a bit slow to process – it can be 2-3 weeks at worse – so if there is a risk that your employer may send you to a Hilton / Melia / Starwood / Shangri-La etc with less than 3 weeks notice you should do it now.

I have not done Melia or Shangri-La as I know it is unlikely I will be at one at short notice.

• Graeme says:

Thanks Rob.

I wont be using Hilton/Starwood/Marriott at all until later in the year earliest. Probably more next year. Thats why i was wonderingnwhen the expiry is, aligned with platinum renewal or a year from when you activate?

Likely to cancel card in July so was thinking of holding off. As long as SPG/Marriott dont change to 2019.

• Hotel status is not like BA status. The schemes all run on a calendar year basis and status is on a calendar year. You can only be downgraded at the end of the calendar year (possibly with a stub period like Hilton, where you are downgraded on 1st Jan but your old card still works until 31st March).

2. Graham Walsh says:

OT – Received a IHG email offering 100% bonus. Not sure if targeted.

When you purchase a minimum of 5,000 or more IHG® Rewards Club points through March 22, we’ll match it with a 100% bonus!

So double your earnings and reach rewards twice as fast — but hurry. This offer ends Thursday.

• We have it on both our accounts! I always buy when it’s 100% bonus and redeem for better value in the USA.

• JamesB says:

[email protected], I prepaid my EDF energy for the year with amex. It went through ok and helped me hit 270k for a Marriott travel package in perfect timing so thanks again for tip 🙂

• That’s great! I would love to try one of the Marriott travel packages but we never stay long enough in one place! I have 45k SPG pts so far but will probably just redeem for hotels in the USA next year.

• JamesB says:

Plan at the moment is to tour Spain next spring so will probably use the 7 nights as an add on for some sun in the Canaries. Not the best use I guess but works for us and keeps it within cat 1-5.

• Actually the full amount is $90 less than last year.

3. Aneesh says:

OT, but Iberia gift cards on sale again, must purchase by today, book by 31/3, travel between now and 31/5 or after 31/8:

€500 gift card for €250 is pretty lucrative.

• Any idea if these gift cards are valid for any airline booked through their website? Is if a book a BA flight on Iberia.com, is it valid? Having trouble deciphering the T’s and C’s

• The 500€ gift card has pretty strict rules: One leg must be on Iberia, connections on Iberia Express and Air Nostrum, you need to start in Spain, you can only make one booking per voucher, high demand routes are excluded and you can‘t pay in cash and avios.

4. +1. Can’t understand Spanish and doesn’t seem to appear on the Iberia website