Get quadruple Accor hotel points at the new Novotel Heathrow

We wrote about the new Novotel at Heathrow, on Bath Road, a few weeks ago – see here.  It is a funky looking hotel in the old BAA head office building.

Accor is currently offering QUADRUPLE base points if you stay at the new Novotel Heathrow.  This is very generous.

You usually earn 2.5 base points per €1 spent at a Novotel.  This is worth 5 Eurocents off a future booking or 2.5 Avios if converted to Iberia Plus (you only get 1.25 Avios per €1 if converted to BA!).

Even if you had no Accor status, you would receive 10 points per €1 under this offer.  That is worth a 20% rebate on the cost of your stay if you use the points for Accor credit.  Alternatively, you would be getting 10 Avios per €1 in Iberia Plus, so roughly 11.5 Avios per £1 spent at the hotel.

Novotel Heathrow

This offer is a bit messy.  You MUST register via this page of the Accor website.  You can also book the Novotel via the booking box which appears after registration, but that doesn’t appear mandatory.

You must book and stay by 15th July to receive quadruple points.

The registration link is hereThe hotel home page is here.

Get 2,400 Avios or 2,500 Virgin Flying Club miles with the FREE Tesco Mastercard credit card
Get 20% off selected British Airways Avios wine redemptions

AMEX Gold 20,000 bonus points

Comments

1. OT: BA has announced avios payment (part and in full) for seat selection. News coming in on FT. Very few reports thus far but very poor value seen in some examples

• 0.55p, same rate as wine etc. Avoid.

• Lady London says:

Another example of British Airways making us pay for things we got free before. All part of a long range plan by British Airways to achieve these things over a number of years. When their hand moves, always look further in the direction they are pointing.

2. Tilly says:

OT – just wanted to say thank you to Rob/Anika for the fab site and all the wonderful HFP readers for the great advice etc ……

Currently chilling in the Concorde room and a couple of hours away from experiencing our first First! All made possible by the Amex 241 and the advice/point collecting tips on here.

Thank you!

• Stu N says:

Enjoy!

• Anna says:

Fab, where are you going?

• Tilly says:

Toronto. All very exciting. Have my Niagara falls tour all booked.

• mark2 says:

I recommend a wine tour if right time of year, esp Niagara-on-the- Lake.

• JamesB says:

Enjoy, the town itself is junk but the star attraction is so much fun. Be sure to walk along to the edge of the Falls at the top, the feeling is just as awesome as the bottom.

• Anna says:

That’s on my list of options for our 1st First, hopefully the year after next to coincide with our 50th birthdays (and no need for a 3rd seat if grandparents are willing…)

• Alan says:

Enjoy – highly recommend Niagara-on-the-Lake too though – absolutely beautiful.

• Tilly says:

Thanks everyone. We have a winery stop included in the day tour to Niagara on Thursday. I just hope the weather holds out for us.

I also have a friend who lives in Toronto so she will be taking us out at the weekend.

• Tilly says:

@Anna. It was a great experience. Most comfortable flight I have ever taken. Well looked after and was very comfy.

• CV3V says:

Probably too late, but hope you ordered a few cocktails.

• The Original Nick says:

Hi Tilly, I’m currently sat at the HI Ariel bath road for the overnighter to then get a flight to DUB in the morning to then jump on Aer lingus for Toronto. I guess you’re still on the BA flight Sunday night YYZ-LHR? I’ll be in seat 1K. Enjoy your trip.

• Tilly says:

Hi Nick. Yep, still on that flight. We bagged the last pair of seats by the window so way back in 7J and K. Might see you there.

Have a good trip over.

3. Canuck says:

Totally OT: Marriot

I’m looking at getting a Travel package for Hawaii Waikoloa today’s Cat 8 (40k a night).

Would anyone care to speculate whether this becomes a unified Cat 6 (50k) or a unified Cat 5 (35k) property?

Wondering if I could save a few points by getting a travel package one level below in anticipation of the realignment.

• Marcw says:

It’s gonna probably go to Cat 5 (50k). My gut feeling is that Marriot is gonna make a devaluation when transferring to the new categories… so I guess the big chunk of hotels are gonna get more expensive.

• JamesB says:

You should go for the lowest currently 1-5, because you will be able to upgrade it to a higher category at time of redemption provided you have enough points to do so.

• Canuck says:

I did think this, but the upgrade rate (today, 30k per category) will undoubtedly increase after the new category system is in place

4. John says:
  5. wally1976 says:

OT – Curve card – has anyone had their limits increased by Curve without putting in a request? I would request it but don’t want to draw attention to my account! Thanks.

• mark2 says:

• Yes they upped my limit once I had hit my monthly limit which was about 3K – I had been using the card fairly regularly for about 3 months at the time. Up to the 50K annual limit now which I think Rob has said is the max.

• wally1976 says:

Thanks Leo, fingers crossed they’ll do similar for me then 🙂

6. happeemonkee says:

O/T but I received my letter from MBNA today saying the agreement with Virgin Atlantic is coming to an end. Anyone else receive one?

• Graham Walsh says:

Yes received mine today too

• yup

• Mikee says:

Does it mention whether they will honour the upgrade vouchers if triggering the required spend before mid June? I need to spend another £5k between now and next month in that case.

• Graham Walsh says:

No mention. Just saying we will hear from Virgin Atlantic soon too.

• Alan says:

Just says they’ll tell us more by 15th June – doesn’t specifically say the partnership ends on that date or that they won’t honour voucher earning.

• I’d be pretty annoyed if they didn’t honour the vouchers or offer alternative compensation beyond refunding the card fee. Getting points from spend is one thing, but the vouchers are one of the selling points of the card and factor into getting it, well, they did for me at least.

7. Tom1 says:

o/t – BA redemption flights – if I choose class “Business/Club” no availability appears, but if I choose “premium economy”, I can see the Club World availability.
    is that just me being stupid, or is that not right?

also, not sure if this is usual, but seems HKG>LHR in J is wide open in December, but limited every other month.

• Alan says:

It shouldn’t do that, but BA IT is pretty flaky at times! If it lets you book it then run with it 🙂 Sometimes for connecting flights you get more options if picking a stopover and then continuing on the same day.

8. What is likely to happen if you have already signed up for the other UK Promo 2x/3x points ?
    Offers can’t be combined it says.

• You get the highest offer – not sure if it is in the rules this time but it usually is with Accor offers.