SOLD OUT: Get your HfP Summer Party tickets TODAY from 1pm – great Etihad raffle prizes confirmed!

+++ Sold Out – We are very sorry, we thought 250 tickets would last a bit longer. Well done if you got a ticket. We look forward to seeing you on the 9th+++

As we announced on Monday, we are pleased to say that we are holding our first ever Head for Points reader Summer party on Monday 9th July.

We are taking over the The Glasshouse room at the Holiday Inn Camden Lock from 6pm to 8pm.  This is situated just a few minutes walk from Camden Town, Camden Road and Chalk Farm tube and National Rail stations.

The Glasshouse is a very light and airy space, with a small outdoor area, and should work well for a Summer party.

We are very pleased that Etihad Airways is sponsoring our Summer party.

Etihad

This means that tickets will include your first drink for free and Etihad Airways will also be giving away a number of cool raffle prizes which I can now confirm!

The first prize is one business class return ticket to Abu Dhabi departing from Heathrow or Manchester. (If the winner would like to purchase additional tickets, the Etihad team will do their best to secure a special HFP winners rate.)

Etihad Business Class Studio

On an A380 from Heathrow, the winner will experience the impressive Business Class Studio which Rob reviewed here (pictured below) and was very positive about. The seats turn into fully flat beds up to 6 feet 8 inches long, the IFE screen is huge 18 inches and Business Class passengers have access to the bar which is designed to have the feel of a Mayfair private club.

Emirates A380 bar lobby 2

The two runner up prizes are a football signed by Manchester City’s first team (i.e. the Premier League winners!) and a pair of general access tickets to a Manchester City game.

Back to the party details ….

The event runs from 6pm to 8pm.

A full cash bar will be available at standard Camden prices, so £5ish for a beer.  Your first drink, from a selection, is included in the ticket price.

The hotel will keep the bar open beyond 8pm if there is demand, and of course you have no shortage of other interesting places to eat and drink afterwards around the market and the wider Camden / Chalk Farm / Primrose Hill area.

How do I get my ticket?

Because we need to ensure that people who ask for tickets turn up, we are charging £10 per ticket.  This price includes VAT and covers our ticketing fees, venue costs and the hotel security fee (we are obliged to hire three security guards!).

For clarity, only ticket holders who are in the room when the raffle is drawn will be eligible to win.

We are selling all of the tickets in one go, at 1pm today (Thursday).  With 250 tickets – 100 more than at Christmas – it should be easier to buy one.

We are using Eventbrite again.  Eventbrite has an excellent mobile app, so even if you are not behind a computer at 1pm you should still be able to purchase.  Set up an account with your credit card data before you head out.

The Eventbrite link to order your tickets is here.

Eventbrite - Head for Points Summer Party

You can buy up to three tickets per person but please don’t be nervous about coming on your own.  Frequent flyers are a friendly bunch and always happy to share details of their recent trips and miles-earning tips.

American Express is accepted by Eventbrite 🙂

We look forward to seeing you on the 9th July.

A brief review of the refurbished Marriott Manchester Airport hotel
Get 10,000 Virgin Flying Club miles with (potentially cheap) Virgin Money life insurance

Comments

1. mutley says:

Given the number of users of this site, 250 was probably a bit of an underestimation of likely demand. I suggest the ballroom of Grosvenor house next time!

• SimonSays says:

I think there is a decent opportunity here Rob (one hopes you’re making a bit of margin even at 250 units…).

Demand was very strong last year and this; the attendee demographic must be pretty attractive to all sorts of travel, leisure and premium brands I’d have thought ?

Not too familiar with venue hire economics but is there scope for perhaps a quarterly do of the same size, or even a couple of 500-headers ?

Just a thought…

• We don’t know our demand curve. That’s the truth. Everything we do sells out so quickly that we have no idea what our capacity might be. We also don’t know how much the lure of a free drink or a big prize drives people.

I am not hugely keen on 250, purely because 120 minutes of party divided by 250 means less than 30 seconds per guest if I try to say Hello to everyone, which Christmas Party attendees will know is something I do try to do. Let’s see how it works out.

Christmas suddenly becomes more of an issue because I was hoping to stick to 150 at the Melia again 🙂

• I suspect many people who tried to get tickets decided to do so even before the raffle and the free drink were announced, like me once I knew the date would be changing.

I must admit 250 people sounds really daunting though. If it wasn’t headforpoints there is no way I would consider signing up for something with that many people. As it is, I am still really looking forward to it.

• Genghis says:

I guess a lot of people genuinely enjoy talking about points and travel

• the_real_a says:

Thats easy to solve. Have multiple parties 🙂

• Sponsorship makes that tricky because they won’t attend multiple nights. We have thought about this.

2. Clotilde says:

I was too slow ☹️
    Maybe you can open a waiting list in case someone last minute can’t attend?

3. vlcnc says:

Damnit! One time it is my way and I was too slow!

4. Mark E says:

Luckily I’m in. I look forward to meeting some of you. I will be the one drinking soft drinks as I have a night shift starting at 21:00.

5. Mike P says:

Got a ticket just after 1pm via the App, looking forward to it.

6. Jamil says:

I got one! I think ticket sales in the future should be limited to 1 per person to encourage greater participation from people who follow the site. Loyalty:)

7. Was unable to get the tickets as well when I remembered and tried around 14.30. HFP seems to have attained rock star status:)
    Also, apologies for OT as no bits article but 9,000avios for any flight booked on Iberia in any class.
    As the Avios are deposited 10 days after purchase, am I right in thinking that even if I cant make the flight for some reason. I would get the avios?

Special offer of an extra 9,000 Avios for each ticket purchased between 21 and 24 June 2018 (maximum of 90,000 promotional Avios per member) on iberia.com for a flight operated by Iberia, Iberia Express or Air Nostrum. The Avios will be added within 10 days of the purchase to the Iberia Plus account of all customers identified as members of the Iberia Plus programme during the purchase process.

If the customer requests a refund, either because it is permitted by the fare or for any other reason, the promotional Avios will be withdrawn from their account. The extra promotional Avios not redeemed by 1 December 2018 will be withdrawn from the customer’s account. The redemption terms and conditions are subject to the general terms and conditions of the Iberia Plus programme.

For example, if a customer purchases tickets on Iberia.com for three people to fly from Seville to Madrid and two of the people are identified as Iberia Plus members during the purchase process, 9,000 Avios will be credited to both of these people within 10 days of the purchase. These two people must have redeemed at least 9,000 Avios by 1 December 2018, or this same amount of Avios will be withdrawn from their account.

• Peter K says:

You can end up with -9000 avios in your account though. I had a minus account in avios.com briefly and it meant I couldn’t use combine your avios. I gained a few from somewhere (e-rewards?) so for around it Be careful playing that game.

8. Hamed Caesar says:

TBH the price put me off.
    I hope everyone has a great time.

9. Sundar says:

Lucky to get a ticket in this year after missing out last 2 year’s. Looking forward to meeting many like-minded.

10. Kinkell says:

Oh well, I’ll just have to go to Wimbledon instead, and take up my centre court tickets that arrived today!

• I have centre court debs, you should have bought them off me instead!

• the real harry1 says:

£50K seems a bit steep unless you can sell on a few days (allowed)

• Has been explained before, either here or on FT, how buying debentures at Wimbledon is (for now anyway) a one way bet.

So long as you have the £50k or whatever burning a hole in your wallet…

• You’ll get £20k per year for the tickets if you’re lucky (assuming you never go yourself) and no less than £18k per year. You can do the maths.

• the real harry1 says:

sure can, not so different to me and O2, though I stopped doing that as risks got higher, MS requirement lower

• Harry says:

Interested in buying deb in the next round of issue in the next 1-2 years. Was it difficult / long queue, or just a matter of joining a mailing list? And is buying 2 twice as hard (hard to sell just single tickets?)

• They only sell in pairs. Existing holders get first pick and then No 1 Court holders (not many) get priority.

No 1 will open up though as the refurbed court will have a lot more deb seats and, with the roof, they will be a lot more valuable.

11. vlcnc says:

Website is not showing the mobile site on my phone anymore for some reason?