Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Join me at Loyalty Summit and the Frequent Traveller Awards Europe

Thursday 20th September sees a new travel loyalty conference in London called Loyalty Summit.

Held at the Hyatt Churchill, the speakers include senior members of Le Club AccorHotels, Radisson Rewards, Marriott Rewards, Finnair Plus, Norwegian Rewards, Miles & More, Flying Blue, American Express, SAS EuroBonus, Scandic Friends and IHG Rewards Club amongst others.  The agenda for the day is here.

Following the summit, guests will be heading to the RAF Museum in Hendon for a reception and gala dinner underneath a Lancaster bomber.  The evening will conclude with the Europe and Africa version of the Frequent Traveller Awards.

I will be attending the Summit – but not speaking – and I will also be hosting a table at the Frequent Traveller Awards dinner.

I was offered five heavily discounted tickets for my staff, but as I don’t have five employees I have been allowed to offer them to readers who work in the loyalty sector.

The standard rate is $399 if you work in the airline, hotel or car rental industry.  I can sponsor registrations for five people for just $199, so roughly £150.  This covers breakfast, attendance all day at the Loyalty Summit, lunch, transport from the Hyatt Churchill to Hendon, the gala dinner, drinks etc.

If you are interested, email me at rob at headforpoints.com and I will send you a registration code.  As I like to help people who are at the beginning of their careers, priority will be given to people who work for the main companies we cover – Avios / BA, Virgin, Hilton, IHG, Marriott, Qatar, Etihad etc – and especially those who are at a junior level and who would not otherwise be able to get the full conference fee approved.

Comments (70)

• nick says:

I have a Amex Plat.

I want to self-refer myself and get the SPG Amex.

So I email the link to myself. clear all cookies.
    The apply for the SPG Amex. I get 33000 SPG points (if I spend £1000 within 90 days)
    PLUS
    9000 Membership Rewards on my Plat Account for the referral?

Is this correct?

Also will those SPG be convertible to 11,000 Avios?

• Andrew says:

Bits – United Mileage to Aer Lingus

In August 2017 I flew United from EDI to DCA, and credited the miles to my Aer Lingus Account.

Today, 7th August 2018, the miles have been credited!

• Benylin says:

OT: Anyone used TENERIFE SOUTH REINA SOFIA lounge in TFS (Tenerife South Airport)? Would be good to know what they offer.

Side note, used the lounge in Marrakech and it was nice, limited food but well staffed.

• Tom1 says:

I have a photo from my parents when they went a few months ago.
      Looks fairly basic to me but they were pleasantly surprised = easily pleased.
      Mainly snacks and prepared cartons. SaLads, cous cous, olives, bocadillos etc. Can’t see any hot food.
      Fridge full of drinks, couple of Nespresso machines. Self serve spirits. Beers and wines in fridge.

• e.thomas says:

Very basic food, not a lot of it, and a busy lounge. Comfy chairs. But better than hanging around with the hordes in the terminal.

• Lady London says:

Crunch ! crunch… (that’s popcorn) !!

• Chris Palmer says:

Oh Rob / Anika. Deleting all those comments… Well, it is your website, but what happened to a bit of lively debate? Never mind.

• xcalx says:

OT bits Anyone know the rule for free refund of Avios and cash for a AA time change. BA claim its 120 mins I got one changed last year for a 4 mins change. Just had a 7 mins change and agent will not allow cancellation for free which is rich after they have cancelled the last leg of 3 of my last 4 bookings LBA once and MAN 3 times leaving me with no options other than over nights, 3 nights in Madrid for one of the MAD-MAN legs. Had to revert to Ryanair to get home..

• Graham Walsh says:

OT Tried to cancel my SPG on the web chat. I was told as I was a loyal customer they would like to speak to me on the phone. On hold now in the worlds biggest queue. Guessing they want to offer me something so I don’t cancel? What is it? Double points?

• Crafty says:

If you’re lucky! Keep holding because that’s a great deal.

• Graham Walsh says:

Complete waste of 28 minutes. No offer. I even hinted that the chat agent said I was loyal and I needed to review my options for canceling. Oh well, let’s see in 7 months time 🙂

• Crafty says:

OT: If I no show for a (Ryanair) flight, will there be any issues for my 2 year old daughter travelling? There are 3 other adults on the booking, who would all be travelling, including my partner (who is my daughter’s mother). I am just worried that they might have “tagged” her ticket to mine in some way.

I dont want to ask the airline this directly for obvious reasons.

• Robman says:

Hi o/t.
      If I book flights with a AA code, can I still earn BA tier points in the same way as if I booked BA codes?