Marriott"

Bits: 5% off SNO ski holidays, BA launches Ljubljana and Montpellier, earn double Radisson Rewards points

News in brief:

Get 5% off your ski holiday with a SNO promo code

Winter holidays are approaching fast and we wanted to remind everyone that ski holidays company SNO is still offering an exclusive 5% off discount code for all Head for Points readers this winter which can be used on a number of great chalet deals they’re currently running.

SNO has thousands of chalet holidays to the Alps and America and a lot of packages come with incentives such as half price lift passes, free lift passes and 2-4-1 ski equipment rental deals (valid with the Etoile des Neiges in France pictured below).

Head for Points readers can claim a 5% discount from the brochure price of holidays using the code SNOHFP.

You can find all SNO chalet package deals here and the phone number to book and claim your 5% discount is 020 7770 6888.

British Airways launches Ljubljana and Montpellier

Long-term HFP readers may remember that I reviewed the brand new InterContinental Ljubljana in Slovenia last November.

Not only is this an exceptionally good hotel – the first ‘international luxury’ hotel in the city – the city also turned out to be a very attractive place to visit (a photo of the old town is below).  The only problem at the time was the lack of flights from Heathrow.

This has now changed.  British Airways announced yesterday that it will run a Summer service to Ljubljana in 2019.

Unfortunately it is a very limited season.  Flights will only operate on Monday and Friday and only between 15th July and 2nd September.  They are bookable now at ba.com for cash or Avios.

My review of InterContinental Ljubljana is here.

The second new British Airways service announced yesterday was the (re)launch of flights to Montpellier in France.

This is also restricted to the school holiday period.  Flights will run four days per week, on Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, from 15th July to 2nd September.

Ljubljana old town

Earn double points AND double status night credits on Radisson stays

If you are planning an upcoming stay at a Radisson Blu, Radisson RED or Park Inn, you can earn double Radisson Rewards points AND double status credits until 28th December.

This is especially interesting if you are close to earning or retaining your status.

The snag is that it only applies to ‘premium’ rooms.  These are defined as Studio Suite, 1 Bedroom Suite, Premium Room, Superior Room, Executive Suite or Junior Suite.  As a Superior Room is often just one level higher than a standard room, this might not be as much of a problem as you think.

You can find details on the Radisson Rewards website here.

A unique opportunity to use London City's First Class Lounge - and be driven to your plane - for FREE!
Review of Qatar Airways business class (Boeing 787-8, herringbone seat) Doha to London Gatwick - Part 1

IHG
IHG

Comments

1. OT – have just upgraded to platinum and it is now showing as plat in the online account, but the offers that were saved for the gold card (and shop small) are not showing under saved offers. A (hopefully) shop small eligible transaction from Saturday has now posted but no credit (and didn’t get an email, but it looks like this is common). Also missing a credit for the paypal offer , was going to chase it up if it hadn’t posted by the time the offer ended (in 4 days). In people’s experience, should the offers carry over to the platinum? Could it be that they will but just haven’t yet (it was still showing gold card a couple of hours ago and has only just updated)? I’m hoping they will still be able to apply any missing credits manually!

• Yes they should carry over. When I upgraded the offers dissapeared for a few days, but did return. I don’t see an issue in getting any credits due as it is the same account.

• Stevie G says:

Has anyone actually triggered and got the credit for the Amex Paypal offer? Anyone?

• Still waiting

• There was a comment on a previous “bits” where the amex response was that it did not trigger as the paypal vendor wasn’t on their list (which is nowhere to be found publicly) and they would look in to it which would take a few days….
        Mine didn’t trigger and not contacted amex yet

• I’m still waiting too. On Amex chat they said they could see I should have been eligible but I would have to wait 90 days…

• Would cumulative spend work with this paypal offer (I spent 30+£ on 3 transactions, but no email…)?

• AndyGWP says:

I chased (phoned) them and it appeared a few days later on my Gold card (along with the 500 avios on my BAPP and a few other missing credits I chased at the same time) 👍🏻

• Yep I got those 500 from manual credit then the offer eventually triggered too 🙂

• Froggee says:

Me! £200 on Zeek via PayPal on CyberMonday used to buy John
        Lewis gift vouchers,

• Yep came through after about a week, although transaction backdated to two days after the spend.

2. O/T – has anyone been charged for withdrawing cash using Curve with the underlying card being Hilton Visa recently? Or is it still going through without any charges?

• Can’t answer that. But with Virgin Prem I’m noticing a decline in the transactions working, and with IHG definitely seems over £200 is about 1 in 3 success. For me this follows my card being blocked by Curve because “You disputed a transaction” – I didn’t it was a different thing altogether, regardless why block the card and not contact the user. Curve has it’s uses, but I can see it just fading away as the underlying cards get fed-up with the volume of pseudo cash transactions. What margin is there to operate in the fringes of others business that they won’t then adopt themselves.

• I wasn’t charged last month, and withdrew this month’s cash yesterday, no charges as yet…

• Curve are having all sorts of internal problems recently. I had a complaint open, and the “final response” message was sent to another customer “by human error”. The let me know a week later and of course they are sorry, but dealing with them is getting increasingly frustrating

• Thanks. I’ll do a withdrawal then. Not done for a few months.

3. Sorry, someone posted this in comments recently but I can’t find it – be grateful if anyone could provide the non-premium rate BA call centre phone number (to book open jaw Avios redemption). Many thanks

4. antoinette calleja says:

OT: do you get any charges if you have Lloyds Mastercard as your underlying Curve card?

5. I have just booked my first upper class virgin flight, the cabin is practically empty so I can have any seat I want – I have selected 1K – anybody any other suggestions on which seat to pick?

• depends on aircraft, some seats face the back of the middle row. Check out advice on vflyer forum

• Further at the back will be closer to the bar area where people sometimes like to hang out and closer to the toilets.

6. does anybody know if you can redeem virgin airlines for SA airways?

7. O/T (and apologies if I’ve missed this being mentioned before) but my BAPP is showing 18k Avios for referrals. Always thought it was 9k which is what I got for a couple in mid November.

Also saying I can earn an additional 90k on top of the existing cap until 31/01/19.

• mine is till showing 9,000.
      Do you mean referring BAPP from Platinum?

• No, it’s referrals from my BAPP card. Specifically states 18,000 Avios, whereas on the separate screen referrals from my Plat says 18,000 MR. The last referral points I got from BAPP less than three weeks ago got me 9k.

• Mine still says 9k per referral. But does say i can earn an additional 90k on top of the existing cap between 1/11/18 and 31/1/19….. havent seen that before.

8. OT
    re ShopSmall and emails
    This morning I used a number of cards at a shop; all went through the same till.
    I started using the PIN but changed to contactless. I have received emails for the purchases using PIN but not the others. Also another shop which uses a less common card handling company does not trigger emails.

My extensive experience over a number of years is that receipt of emails and of statement credits are unconnected.

9. O/T just been charged £10 for withdrawing £200 on my curve, with virgin card underlying.

10. OT, £10 off GAP offer. I placed 2 orders on 2 cards on the same day but only 1 lot of £10 has posted. I am assuming this is because the 2nd order appears to have been charged in 2 transactions by GAP, both under £30, which is annoying! Is it worth appealing to Amex via chat?

• Incidentally, I appealed via chat re my never-appearing 500 bonus avios recently (3rd time) and they have finally added them manually.

• Same here.

Will contact Amex if the offer does not post.
        My Oder was split up due to GAP deciding to use different delivery company

• Absolutely worth appealing, esp when you made it in one order and they’ve just split the payments.

11. OT, Looking to use a 241 BA voucher to Bangkok. Anyone know if this is hard redemption to find even at 355days out?

• Probably depends on when you want to go, though I think it is a popular one, both as a destination and as a connecting airport for onward flights to Australia etc.

• you can monitor it on BA Redemption Finder

• PointsChaser says:

From my experience if you want to fly Dec – Mar, this is a difficult redemption. If you do a rewards availability search on the BA site and do a full year search for 2 seats, you will see that seats for the good weather months in Thailand are scarce.

• Memesweeper says:

I got my family all to BKK and back with Avios & 2-4-1 in club. Early Aug out Early Sept back. We actually spent most of our time in central Vietnam where the weather was great..

12. Londoner says:

OT: My Heathrow Rewards bonus points have posted for 2 Heathrow Express transactions I made on Sunday.
    259 points each with 250 promotional and 9 standard.

13. OT. I’ve used Tesco club card points for a 60 GBP uber voucher. Ive now got the code for the uber voucher. I havent added the uber voucher to my uber app yet. Also, does the uber credit expire? What happens if my journey is under 60 GBP. Does the balance remain in the account for a further ride?

• Genghis says:

Uber credit doesn’t expire. T&Cs on Tesco cc haven’t been updated IIRC. When you take a journey your gift card balance just reduces until all used up (until final journey when it’ll be part gift card part credit card).

• Just remember the credit only applied for UK accounts. When using the app it will appear it is charging your card – in the UK it will use up any credit first, abroad it will use the card regardless of the credit.

Max Uber credit balance is £1k

14. Shoestring says:

Shop Small – the SS ‘saved to card’ proof has disappeared from my online a/c on my Gold Card. I already got a £5 credit on a pub & I know I saved it. My visit to a local chippy on SS did not prompt a success email – I wonder if this is the reason? What a mess.

• Shoestring says:

Agent says card is enrolled, temporary issue they’re aware of

• The disappearing/reappearing happened last year and probably previous years too.
      I have had credits for transactions which did not trigger emails.
      Reasons for no email include using touch rat than PIN and shop using certain collection systems e.g. CardSaver.

15. IIABING says:

One of my two tickets for the Xmas Party is now going spare if anyone wants it they’d be more than welcome

16. Today I read the news that Amex Centurion lounge is coming to LHR T3. Sounds really exciting. Any idea when exactly it will be opening?

17. OT – is this 50% off Iberia Avios redemption targeted or something? I am trying to book MAD-BOS and it doesn’t price properly