Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Take advantage of the Virgin Hotels San Francisco launch offer

The new Virgin Hotels chain is gearing up to open in San Francisco next month, following the successful launch of the first property in Chicago three years ago.  It is a new-build property at 250 Fourth Street, South of Market.

If you are a Virgin Flying Club member you can get special deals on stays between 1st February and 31st May:

All Flying Club members will earn 2,000 miles per stay, double the usual rate

Silver Flying Club members will receive a free upgrade (subject to availability at check-in)

Gold Flying Club members will receive a free upgrade (subject to availability at check-in) and free breakfast

You can enter your Flying Club number during the booking process on the Virgin Hotels website.

The Virgin Flying Club page which explains the benefits you get at Virgin Hotels is here.  You cannot, at present, redeem miles for free nights at Virgin Hotels.

Next up will be properties in Dallas and New York.  The first site outside the US will be Edinburgh where Virgin Hotels is converting the historic India Buildings in the Old Town.

Virgin Hotels San Francisco launch offer

How to earn Virgin Atlantic miles from UK credit cards

As a reminder, there are various ways of earning Virgin Flying Club miles from UK credit cards.  Many cards also have generous sign-up bonuses!

Click here to read our detailed summary of all UK credit cards which earn Virgin Flying Club miles.  That page is regularly updated with the latest special offers and will still be accurate even if you are reading this article months after publication.

Comments (247)

• Mr Dee says:

People mentioning grandfathered black Curve card, has it been confirmed that you will get to keep the black card without paying a monthly fee or any other benefit?

• Steve says:

OT Curve related. Just received the following email from curve:

“Thanks for waiting.
    You’re almost ready to join Curve Amex Closed Beta Programme.

You have been selected to take part in the Curve Closed Beta, but we need some more information from you first.“

Is this the same email that other have receined today? I’ve now completed the form but unclear as to what happens next, am I meant to be receiving a link next? If so how long after submitting the form does the link come through?

• RakishDriver says:

You’ll probably next receive a ‘crashlytics’ email to register your device for the beta rel.

• James says:

How do we use the Curve Amex Wallet? I added £500 and it charged my Amex Card, just tried using the curve card online and it didn’t go through?

• Alan says:

If your balance is topped up and showing in the Curve app then should work fine. If having problems then I’d contact Curve support.

• James says:

I topped up, but the balance is still 0 right now? I’m guessing it has to be not pending on amex then? Would I be correct saying this

• Alan says:

If showing as pending on Amex then should have gone through. If it doesn’t show up in a couple of hours I’d contact support to try and work out what’s happening. I’d also try force closing and restarting the app.

• Peter K says:

@Alan. “Try force closing the app?” Didn’t know that only Jedi’s and Sith would be able to use the curve beta!! 😉

• James says:

Yeah I’ve sent them a message through the chat- it shows the top up but the balance is still 0