Emirates has launched a special promotion linked to the Rugby World Cup.
You can save:
- £300 in First Class
- £150 in Business Class
- £50 in Economy Class
- be booked by 31st July
- for travel between 1st August and 31st December
- be to Tokyo or Osaka
- depart from Heathrow, Gatwick, Stansted, Birmingham, Manchester, Newcastle, Edinburgh or Glasgow
- be booked in Saver, Flex or Flex Plus
To get the discount you MUST use promo code UKRWC19 on this page of emirates.com. Click on ‘Advanced Search’ to see the box where promo codes must be entered.
How to earn Emirates Skywards miles from UK credit cards (September 2022)
Emirates Skywards does not have a UK credit card. However, you can earn Emirates Skywards miles by converting Membership Rewards points earned from selected UK American Express cards.
Cards earning Membership Rewards points include:
- American Express Preferred Rewards Gold (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 20,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 20,000 Emirates Skywards miles. This card is FREE for your first year and also comes with two free airport lounge passes.
- The Platinum Card from American Express (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 30,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 30,000 Emirates Skywards miles
- American Express Rewards credit card (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 10,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 10,000 Emirates Skywards miles. This card is FREE for life.
EDIT: Until 25th October 2022, there is an exceptionally generous sign-up bonus on The Platinum Card. You will receive 60,000 Membership Rewards points – double the usual amount – and £200 to spend at Amex Travel. You need to spend £6,000 within six months to earn the bonus.
Membership Rewards points convert at 1:1 into Emirates Skywards miles which is an attractive rate. The cards above all earn 1 Membership Rewards point per £1 spent on your card, which converts to 1 Emirates Skywards mile. The Gold card earns double points (2 per £1) on all flights you charge to it.