Qatar Business Class

Get your HFP Summer Party tickets at noon TODAY

As we announced on Tuesday, we are pleased to say that we are holding our second Head for Points reader Summer Party on Monday 8th July.

The first batch of tickets will be sold at noon today.  If you won’t be behind a computer at noon (although the Eventbrite app does the job too) the final batch will be sold at noon on Sunday.

Click here to be taken to the correct Eventbrite page to buy.

We are taking over the Hansom Hall at the Renaissance St Pancras hotel from 6pm to 9pm+.  This is situated in the magnificent Gothic revival building at St Pancras and is well connected to the London Underground and National Rail.

Renaissance St Pancras exterior

Hansom Hall is an excellent venue, not least because it is a significant capacity increase on our previous parties. It will also have a private cloakroom, bar and outdoor area:

Renaissance St Pancras Hansom Hall garden outdoors

As this is a Marriott property, Marriott Bonvoy has very kindly stepped in to sponsor the event.

(If you haven’t registered for the new Marriott Bonvoy Summer promotion – Endless Earning – I recommend you do so as soon as you’ve finished this article!  We wrote about it here and the registration link is here.)

Marriott Bonvoy has also generously offered to donate some raffle prizes.  We don’t have the full details yet, as they are still talking to various hotels, but it should be good.

All attendees will receive one raffle ticket.  It is not possible to buy extra tickets and they are not available to non-attendees.

For clarity, only ticket holders who are in the room when the raffle is drawn at around 8pm will be eligible to win.

Head for Points Christmas Party

Back to the party details ….

The event runs from 6pm to 9pm.

You will receive a free glass of wine, bottle of beer or soft drink courtesy of Marriott Bonvoy (thank you!).  A full cash bar will be available for further drinks at usual London prices.

If you wish to stay on beyond 9pm, the bar will remain open for a little while, although at some point we will be asked to move to the in-hotel bar The Booking Office, which is open until late.

How do I get my ticket?

Because we need to ensure that people who ask for tickets turn up, we are charging £10 per ticket.  This price includes VAT and covers our ticketing fees, venue costs and the hotel security fee (we are obliged to hire several security guards!).

We are selling the tickets in two tranches:

The first batch will be sold at noon today (Friday)

The second batch will be sold at noon on Sunday

This is, we think, the fairest way of allowing everyone to participate, whether or not they sit behind a computer during a weekday.

We are using Eventbrite again.  Eventbrite has an excellent mobile app, so even if you are not behind a computer at noon you should still be able to purchase.  Set up an account with your credit card data before you head out.

Click here to buy tickets.

You can buy up to two tickets per person but please don’t be nervous about coming on your own.  Frequent flyers are a friendly bunch and always happy to share details of their recent trips and miles-earning tips.

I apologise in advance if you can’t get a ticket due to demand.  We are selling more than twice as many tickets as any previous HFP event and are hoping that this is plenty!  The first batch will sell quickly but demand should be a bit slower on Sunday.  Or not.

American Express is accepted by Eventbrite 🙂

We look forward to seeing you on the 8th July.  Here’s the link you need at noon.

IHG planning a new extra-premium credit card, with extra-premium benefits
NEW: Earn Avios when you stay with Airbnb!

IHG Your Rate

Comments

1. Aidan says:

Missed out again 🙁 Hopefully Sunday may work
    Was ready at 12 on the dot!

• My connection blinked and by 12.01 all the tickets were gone. Unbelievable! But last time weekend was luckier for me. This time it will be problematic as I will be en route to Glyndebourne…

• If you like I can take your place at Glyndebourne and you can stay at home to book the tickets 😉

• Haha, we will try to manage from the train. If you could confirm re the complimentary ticket (see email), we will try to procure another one for my partner on Sunday

PS Glyndebourne tickets process is equally painful – they put people in an e-queue which lasts 2-3 hours

• I had a similar experience when I tried to get Harry Potter tickets the first 5 or 6 times…

• Following on behind says:

What are you seeing?

I only really like Puccini so not going this year 🙁

Saw Tosca at the ROH last weekend. It was very cool taking a slash next door to Nick Robinson and next door but one to Lloyd-Webber.

2. DaveP says:

Managed to get a ticket! Looking forward to my first HFP meet up with all of you knowledgeable and experienced guys. 👍

• Robert says:

Got one for me and a friend who is also into points (my wife isn’t coming – something about having “parenting responsibilities for our 6-month-old son…”). This will be my first. Looking forward to meeting people and sharing stories.

3. solartravels says:

After clicking through, the checkout holds the booking for 10 mins. So maybe some will time out soon and become available.

I’m one of the lucky ones this time!

4. 1nfrequent says:

Huh. It keeps coming up “unavailable” – has done since noon.

5. Billy says:

Clicked on 1200 on the dot and it showed venue but no option to purchase quantity. refreshed the page and on the 3rd go quantity showed up but by the time i added to basket —Sold out

6. BFT01 says:

It says unavailable, so I must have missed out?

7. Aliks says:

I went back in at 12:08 and some were available again, but sold before I could checkout.
    I guess its time to start using Eventbrite bots to book tickets. . . .

• Don’t forget another batch is coming out on Sunday – I expect it won’t be quite such a rush then!

• Got one without a bot so it is possible. Last time picked one up 8 mins afterwards when some people did not complete so it is worth keep trying on Sun.

8. Sundar says:

Thanks for the commenter who said timeout in 8 mins, I am in now after trying after 8 mins:)

9. Lalit says:

Managed to get myself a ticket – hope to see you all there!

10. Michael says:

Got one! See you there. My tip for people on sunday: open several tabs and refresh them all at the same time.

11. NigelthePensioner says:

On my timing it was just under 60 seconds that it took the preset bots to purchase the “250” tickets today!
    You will find the same on Sunday too. There is no other way to be in with a chance of purchasing.
    There is however a way of preventing bots from purchasing tickets……it just needs Rob to set up the selling page with a tiny modification! :- ))

• The best way is to do a raffle which is not so time-sensitive and relatively easy to manage. Also HfP will have a fair idea on how many people want to buy these tickets

• Following on behind says:

Totally agree. I have got tickets for a third time but the current approach is deeply unfair.

• Tickets always sell fast on the first batch, but of course there is another opportunity Sunday. We are hoping everyone gets a chance given we have more than doubled capacity this year.

• Do you have any idea how hard it would be to run a raffle, pick enough people to get to 500 (given that people could want 1 or 2), email asking for payment, manually check all payments, draw more winners if some do not buy etc? We are not overrun with staff.

• I am sure there are technology solutions for this and you can always ask the readership to help procure these. And payments pre-authorisations could be done at the time of entry with money collected / released later

• The only way to do it is to sell an unlimited number of tickets and then randomly refund every xth one to get down to 500. No idea if this is easily doable with Eventbrite – I doubt they would be keen on a few hundred refunds going through – and it may not be free. But this is a weird way to do it.

• I got one without a bot and with not great reception at school!

• DaveP says:

I can assure you that I am not a bot! 🙂

• Lady London says:

I’m stuck with website on the phone as computer is on the blink so will try again Sunday. I like the look of the new 2in1 Dell XPS but i tend to bump them around when travelling and they dont last. Anyone know Of any deals on a small fast light Lenovo or Huawei?