Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Join me at the Loyalty Summit conference in London next week for 75% off

A lot of big names in the travel loyalty industry (plus me) are speaking at Loyalty Summit at The May Fair hotel next Thursday 19th.

Jeremy Rabe, CEO of Aimia, is probably the biggest draw but there are top loyalty speakers from Accor, Hotels.com, Radisson, Points.com, LNER, Virgin Atlantic, Hertz, Miles & More, Norwegian, Flybe, SAS, Royal Jordanian etc. And Head for Points.

The full schedule is here.  It is a ‘100% Powerpoint free’ conference, focused more on discussions than on presentations.

I was offered a $199 rate for my staff.  However, as my entire London staff will be off at Virgin’s A350 launch party in New York (as I would be, if I hadn’t agreed to speak here) the organisers have let me offer the deal to a small number of readers who work in, or are interested in, the loyalty industry.

YOU MUST BOOK TODAY, Friday 13th.  Book a ‘Supplier’ ticket which prices at $799 and use code HFP to reduce it to $199.  If the code does not work then we have reached our cap, but email me and I will see what I can do.

Your ticket also gets you optional free entry to the Frequent Traveler Awards ceremony and gala dinner on Thursday evening, at the same venue.  For $199 for the full programme it is probably cheaper than just going out for dinner and drinks in Mayfair on a Thursday evening.

Comments (98)

• Smid says:

It’s almost as if they’ve cut it off for the summer time, peak time and brought it back for the offpeak times. Which if that is true, at least publicise it.

The webpage was working until early July this year, with a “phone up to book”, and the call centre completely refused to book them. Basically, they couldn’t, so they claimed and the offer was off, yet the webpage was still directing them as if it was on.

• nerock says:

Beside the Europcar offer there is another similar site launched a few months back which aims to present similar offers from multiple companies in a single site. This is Europe-wide, currently most of offers for the UK are with Hertz or unbranded (although many pick up addresses seem to match AVIS locations). I haven’t tried this myself but it looks promising, I did many Europcar 1£ rentals earlier which all were great and in some cases got a real luxury car for the day. I never had a problem so far but the one thing which made me slightly nervous is that these are mostly all cars lined up for defleeting, meaning sometimes there is a fair bit of wear and tear ie. pre-existing damage on these, I always made loads of pictures on pick-up to make sure I don’t get blamed for somebody else’s damage..

• Shoestring says:

I’ve been booking a couple of Meet & Greet car park stays with MSE—>DriveFly (about 25-30% discount) & 10% discount on top. Easter and May half term 2020.

I’m achieving under £5/ day, which is pretty good for M&G.

• Shoestring says:

BRITISH Airways pilots are plotting a ten-day mega strike that would cost £400million and “break” the airline.

Balpa union bosses are lining up the walkout for November.

• BJ says:

Saw that, as painful as it might be for passengers in the short term, it might be the best long term solution. I doubt limited action will bring BA round anytime soon and at the end of the day pilots will win anyway.

• Graham Walsh says:

So it says “captains want a bigger share of profits”

They have 3 options as I see it:
      Strike and hope for the best
      Start their own company and cream all the profits and take all the risks
      Get a job elsewhere

I was in a similar position, I wanted more, if I went on strike I’d probably get sacked, I didn’t want to setup my own company, so thankfully I was headhunted out of the blue and took a nice rise at the same time.

Maybe I’m thinking it through too simplistic.

• The Savage Squirrel says:

Nothing to stop them having as much of a share of the BA profits as they want. Shares are easy to buy. Buy enough and you can even own a whole airline. Of course when you have to take on risk to get reward….

• ken says:

“Maybe I’m thinking it through too simplistic.”

You reckon ?

• Shoestring says:

But the union has flatly rejected claims on the front page of The Sun that it plans a 10-day strike in November. “This is nonsense as we told The Sun,” tweeted Balpa.

• Lady London says:

Hmmm some newspapers never let truth get in the way of a good story. I do remember saying “no comment” to a journalist once about the status of my boss’s efforts to help a beleaguered famous company founder not get chucked off the Board of the company he had founded. The said boss was actually spending a day on the golf course with other clients at the time!

In the following day’s morning paper the journalist wrote that my boss had spent the entire day in urgent meetings meetings at the company. Honestly, if you don’t tell them anything some journalists, even today, will just invent it.

• Henry Young says:

AMEX judges ! My offer is Morrisons not Waitrose !!!

• BJ says:

Best of both worlds, the % is higher and you can choose Morrisons, petrol, JL or any other giftcard they sell.

• Lyn says:

A generous offer and a really good opportunity for readers who work in, or are interested in working in, the loyalty industry. I’m really surprised not to see more comments about this or thanking Rob for the opportunity.

• BJ says:

Agreed, if I were free and in London, I am sure I’d enjoy this even though it is just a hobby for me. Would also be a good opportunity to meet the HFP team none of whom I have yet met. ISTR others took him up on this, or a similar offer, last year.

• Rob says:

Only me …. Rhys will be partying with Virgin in NYC and Anika isn’t going anywhere until the baby arrives!

• Lady London says:

It’s a tough life your newest member of staff is leading, isn’t it

All the best to him for the “Best Newcomer” upcoming award. His writing is excellent.

• Rob says:

Three days after he gets back from New York, he is off to Vietnam for a week with Vietnam Airlines 🙂

And a couple of weeks after that, he is off on a trip with Richard Branson , which annoyingly clashes with my family holiday.

• BJ says:

I remember many were moaning about the remuneration Rob offered for the internship. Always thought it was very fair myself, and Rhys has the last laugh, great experiences and excellent networking opportunities. Good on Rob for making it happen, especially after things went a bit pear-shaped earlier this year with amex etc.

• Mr(s) Entitled says:

Massive +1 BJ. Credit should be given where credit is due.

• Lyn says:

+1 to both Lady London and BJ. Good for Rob for providing the opportunity and for choosing Rhys for his literature/writing background and proven writing skills and obvious interest in travel and optimism.

And for providing this Loyalty Summit opportunity now. Just hope there is some young person that is reading Rob’s post and would love to get into this business that can take advantage of an excellent learning and networking opportunity.

• aDifferentSimon says:

How’s the IT on the amex no bonus if you previously had one within 24 months?
    Is it worth putting the required spend through “just in case” there’s some flaky code in there?

• Shoestring says:

slightly flakey, apparently – I think this is people gaming it a bit, ie different email address, tweak the other personal details

• aDifferentSimon says:

Thanks, I’m a bit late for that sort of thing. But I’ll put the spend through just in case.

• Rob says:

Definitely.

• BlueHorizonuk says:

OT – Had a booking to LAX in Club using 2-for-1 and First opened up. Called to upgrade and lady was quite insistent that I had to pay the £35 change fee but I don’t remember ever having to pay this before. Was she right, have things changed?

• BJ says:

Yes she was right. No, they have not changed.

• Lady London says:

Yes you have to pay. Unless it would be impossible for you to do online because of the system not doing it.

Probably BA also make you pay more of something they will call “taxes” as well as a change fee and more Avios. In actual fact the UK government “tax” and other airport charges/taxes etc., totals exactly the same amount across PY, J and F tickets. However British Airways will want more money from you and most likely will call the extra money “taxes”.

• Spurs Debs says:

I called on Monday to do same thing and wasn’t charged, I wasn’t charged when I called in May to
      Change flights either

• BJ says:

I think the CSA have a lot of discretion and we sometimes get lucky, just one good reason to stay pleasant with them even when we have grounds to be annoyed.