Win tickets to the UEFA Champions League final with Hotels.com

Hotels.com is a sponsor of the UEFA Champions League this year and is offering a trip to the final in Istanbul.

The winner will get (note that flights are not included):

Two tickets to the UEFA Champions League Final in Istanbul

Two nights luxury accommodation in Istanbul

Return transport from the hotel to the match

Aynone can enter, but if you are a Silver or Gold member of Hotels.com Rewards you will receive additional entries (Silver x 2, Gold x 3).

Hotels.com Champions League competition

Note that this competition is only for UK residents so entry numbers will be limited.

You need to click here to enter.  You do NOT need to fill in your Hotels.com Rewards number unless you are Silver or Gold and want to claim your additional entries.  For clarity, you do NOT need to be a Hotels.com Rewards member at all to enter.

It closes on 23rd March.  The answer to the competition question is, of course, Liverpool.

Hilton adds a brand new 3,500 room resort in Las Vegas next year
Is luggage rental useful? We review Cargo, a new suitcase hire service

AMEX Gold 20,000 bonus points

Comments

1. OT – Amex MR to Marriott

I emailed Marriott about missing MR Points and have received email back asking about my Amex MR number.

What is this number? Where do I find this number?

• Log in at membershiprewards.co.uk

• Thanks, couldn’t spot the number there but found by chatting with CS

• Secret Squirrel says:

Asking Virgin for a credit increase – good chance or no chance?
          Been with them over 7x months.

• Depends on your history etc but I had my limit doubled from £4000 to £8000

• Erm..not giving a HUGE amount of data to go on 😀

Many people have been given credit limit increases from Virgin. Others have not..

• Give it a try – let us know how you get on. My current limit was £2500, asked for increase before change of rules regarding earned points linked to a credit card and asked for £4K and got it. Was wondering if I could ask for another one – last increase was November..

• Youllnever says:

Requested a second limit increase after a year and a bit. They about doubled my limit to a bit more than 10K.

• They only entertain it after 6 months, so you should be fine on that front. I’m sure someone posted a link once where you could request it online but I sometimes dream things

2. Jill (Kinkell) says:

OT. Marriott Courtyard at Inverness Airport appears to be open for bookings from 10th March. Cheapest on that day £71. Just a wee stroll to the check-in desks. It looks ….from the outside like nicely decorated stacked shipping containers . Enjoy your haggis,black pudding and porridge!

• Thanks. We will pop up!

• Thanks Jill. The next night I need to stay in Inverness for a flight it is £132 prepaid, £151 flexible compared to £142 and £156 at HIX. However, it is a steal at only Cat.3, 17,500 Bonvoy points compared to cash rates, and to the 30,000 points required at HIX. The HIX gravy ‘plane’ is obviously over so they will not be pleased. However, the good days at the Courtyard are doomed once Hampton opens between the rail and bus stations. Cannot see why anybody would want to stay at the Courtyard unlless they have flights around 7am, much better to stay in the city. For a Saturday in August price jumps to £196 prepaid, £216 flexible. The reward category will likely increase soon as it’ll lose them too much money unless Marriott covers close to real rate, in which case Marriott will want to raise it themselves unless I’m missing something. Rooms will not be empty because cash rates compare reasonably to those in the city where I’ve seen Mercure hit £350 in August before.

• As part of their contract to operate as a Marriott brand, the hotel has to give up reward nights for peanuts (I would guess around £20 for a Courtyard). It’s part of the deal. Only if the hotel is almost full (95%) will Marriott pay the actual rate for that night.

• yorkieflyer says:

Premier Inn in town is my recommendation

3. Shoestring says:

Any tips for Birmingham airport? I’m heading up the M5/ M42 on Monday (from Cornwall) to pick up my wife, I don’t fancy paying more than 1hr in the airport carpark – so where can I turn into a motorway services to get free wifi on the way to check on airline progress etc & get a burger?

• Sandgrounder says:

There is a big Tesco and an McDonalds right off the M42 at junction 4. You can be in the airport in about 10-15 mins with a fair wind. Locals will probably have a better tip but I always remember that one because it is so close to the junction.

4. Off topic but has anyone actually received their bonus 10,000 points from the IHG Creation card deal? Spent over £500 and although we have the standard 10,000 points, we haven’t yet been credited the bonus points. Called them up to be told that it could take up to 90 days! Was hoping to book a stay soon-ish so it would be great to know if this is a realistic timeframe.

5. OT:
    I have £1.50 clubcard voucher expiring end of this month. i wanted to convert to VS but minimum is £2.50. My other vouchers are over £10 so cant part pay. Any other good uses for £1.50 voucher?

• £1.50 off shopping (stamps?)
      £4.50 off a meal out at a few places (chef and brewer, zizzi, pizza express, ask Italian I can remember off the top of my head).

6. Thank you for your entry
    Good luck!
    We will contact our winners before 30th March via email.
    Thank you for being a Hotels.com Rewards member!
    If you’re not yet a member, make sure you join today!
    (otherwise your entry will be invalid)