There have been a flurry of Loganair announcements recently, with two coming yesterday.
Firstly, Loganair is to launch a service from Teesside Airport to London Heathrow on 8th March.
There will be two flights per day during the week with the weekend service building up to two flights on Sunday and one on Saturday.
It will use an Embraer 145 aircraft.
Eastern is already flying from Teesside to Heathrow albeit that the service is currently suspended. This is unlikely to end well …..
As we covered in December, Loganair has already moved its Isle of Man service from London City to London Heathrow.
Loganair has launched a codeshare with BA on three Southampton routes
BA CityFlyer announced on LinkedIn yesterday that it has agreed a codeshare deal with Loganair on three routes to Southampton.
The existing Loganair services from Newcastle, Edinburgh and Glasgow to Southampton will now carry a British Airways flight number.
These flights can be booked on a standalone basis and do not need to bought in connection with one of BA’s new Southampton weekend flights, launching in May. You will earn Avios and Executive Club tier points if you book via BA.
I haven’t been able to find any further information beyond the LinkedIn announcement, but the flights are showing on the BA website:
Loganair to launch four new Isle of Man routes
Finally, Loganair announced a big step-up of its Isle of Man network last week.
This Summer you can expect to see:
- the London Heathrow service increased to two flights per day from 28th March
- the Manchester service increased to two flights per day from 1st April, and then to four per day from 1st July
- the Liverpool service increased to three flights per day from 1st July
- the ex-Flybe service to Birmingham will be relaunched on 1st April with four flights per week, moving to daily from 22nd May
- the Edinburgh route will restart in April with three flights per week, increasing to four from 25th May
- a brand new route to Southampton will start on 26th May (three flights per week)
- a brand new route to Belfast City will start on 1st April (four flights per week, increasing to six from 24th May)
- a brand new Summer route to Jersey will start on 22nd May (one flight per week)
Loganair is also increasing capacity by using a 70-seat ATR72 instead of an Embraer 145 on selected services.
You can find out more about these services on the Loganair website here.