With the UAE now on the United Kingdom’s Amber List, holidays in Dubai are back on the agenda this Autumn for anyone who is fully vaccinated, with no quarantine required.
Emirates announced a substantial increase in its UK services yesterday, and will be operating 73 flights per week by mid-October.
This will include:
- Six flights per day from London Heathrow
- Two flights per day (A380) from Manchester
- One flight per day from Glasgow
- 10 flights per week from Birmingham
At present, Heathrow has three daily A380 departures. This will expand gradually to six over the next three months, of which four will be on an A380. It puts Emirates back to its pre-pandemic level at Heathrow, albeit the Gatwick and Stansted services have yet to be restored.
British Airways has dropped its Abu Dhabi service entirely and is currently only showing 1-2 Dubai flights per day in October. It is likely that this number will increase, especially over half term when this is one of the most popular long haul routes.
How to earn Emirates Skywards miles from UK credit cards (September 2023)
Emirates Skywards does not have a UK credit card. However, you can earn Emirates Skywards miles by converting Membership Rewards points earned from selected UK American Express cards.
Cards earning Membership Rewards points include:
- American Express Preferred Rewards Gold (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 20,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 20,000 Emirates Skywards miles. This card is FREE for your first year and also comes with four free airport lounge passes.
- The Platinum Card from American Express (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 30,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 30,000 Emirates Skywards miles
- American Express Rewards credit card (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 10,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 10,000 Emirates Skywards miles. This card is FREE for life.
Membership Rewards points convert at 1:1 into Emirates Skywards miles which is an attractive rate. The cards above all earn 1 Membership Rewards point per £1 spent on your card, which converts to 1 Emirates Skywards mile. The Gold card earns double points (2 per £1) on all flights you charge to it.