UPDATE – FEBRUARY 2024: This article is now out of date, but don’t worry. We produce a monthly summary of the top hotel bonus point offers – please click HERE or use the ‘Hotel Offers’ menu above.
Marriott Bonvoy is offering a 35% to 40% bonus when you buy points by 31st March 2024. Click here to buy.
Keep up to date with new hotel offers by signing up for our free daily or weekly newsletters.
Marriott Bonvoy has launched a new ‘buy points’ bonus. You will receive a 45% bonus with a minimum purchase of 2,000 points.
You can buy via this page of the website. The offer runs to 8th December.
The annual purchase cap has now been permanently raised to 100,000 points. With the bonus, this means that you could pick up 145,000 Marriott Bonvoy points.
At the top end you are paying $1,250 (£925) for 145,000 points.
My rule of thumb is that a Marriott Bonvoy point is worth 0.5p so this offer is not great at 0.64p per point.
However, you might find it worthwhile if:
- you are topping off your account before making a points booking, or
- you are close to 60,000 Marriott Bonvoy points and want to make a transfer into airline miles (you get a bonus of 5,000 airline miles when you transfer 60,000 Bonvoy points into 20,000 airline miles), or
- you are planning a stay at a property where you know you will get outsized value
The page to buy is here.
How to earn Marriott Bonvoy points and status from UK credit cards (February 2024)
There are various ways of earning Marriott Bonvoy points from UK credit cards. Many cards also have generous sign-up bonuses.
The official Marriott Bonvoy American Express card comes with 20,000 points for signing up, 2 points for every £1 you spend and 15 elite night credits per year.
You can apply here.
You can also earn Marriott Bonvoy points by converting American Express Membership Rewards points at the rate of 2:3.
Do you know that holders of The Platinum Card from American Express receive FREE Marriott Bonvoy Gold status for as long as they hold the card? It also comes with Hilton Honors Gold, Radisson Rewards Premium and MeliaRewards Gold status. We reviewed American Express Platinum in detail here and you can apply here.
You can also earn Marriott Bonvoy points indirectly:
- American Express Gold (20,000 bonus Amex points)
- American Express Rewards Credit Card (10,000 bonus Amex points)
and for small business owners:
- American Express Business Gold (20,000 bonus Amex points)
- American Express Business Platinum (40,000 bonus Amex points)
The conversion rate from American Express to Marriott Bonvoy points is 2:3.
(Want to earn more hotel points? Click here to see our complete list of promotions from the major hotel chains or use the ‘Hotel Offers’ link in the menu bar at the top of the page.)