If you work in the loyalty industry, this is your last call for the one-day ‘Loyalty Summit’ conference whch is returning to The May Fair hotel in London this Thursday, 18th November.
Head for Points is the Official Media Partner for the conference. I will be speaking on a panel and around all day, and it would be great to catch-up (in person!) with as many of our industry contacts as possible.
There are a handful – literally a dozen – tickets remaining at $199.
This is the third time that the European version of ‘Loyalty Summit’ has taken place. It is the only loyalty conference that I ensure I attend each year because it manages to pack a lot of content into a single day in a handy Central London location.
In truth, I am pretty low in the status pecking order compared to the other speakers who are lined up. Speakers include:
- Harald Deprosse, Partner – Envolved & Former Managing Director, Miles & More
- May Haukedahl Wilson – VP Loyalty & Partnerships, Norwegian
- Katie Cox – Senior Director Loyalty Europe, Marriott International
- Ben Lipsey – Deputy SVP Customer Loyalty, Flying Blue, Air France-KLM
- Isabelle Birem – Senior VP Loyalty, Accor
- Heather Laverne – Vice President, Loyalty & Enterprise Marketing, Hilton
- Thorsten Spickenreuther – Loyalty Subject Matter Expert, McKinsey & Company
- Ed Brocklebank – Senior Solution Consultant, Bloomreach
- Marcus Puffer – Vice President Global Loyalty Strategy, IBS Software
- Piotr Kozlowski – Vice President Consulting, Loyalty Solutions, Comarch
- David Glantz – Head of Presales & Marketing, Loyalty Partner Solutions
- James Curry – Head of Product & Member Engagement, Loyalty, Emirates
- Peter Gerstle – Head of Travel Products, Collinson
- Andreas Koch – Former Executive, Lufthansa Miles & More
- Louise Marples – Vice President of EMEA & APAC Region, Points International
- Kristin Møllerplass – Executive Advisor, NoA Connect
- Ruth Finnis – VP Loyalty & Partnerships, Northern Europe, Accor
- Giuseppe Cuscunà – Director Loyalty – Partnerships, Promotions & Rewards, Radisson Hotel Group
- Lindsay Heffey – Loyalty Manager Promotions, Partnerships & Rewards, Radisson Hotel Group
- Paul Lacey – SVP & Regional General Manager Middle East & UK, Kognitiv Corporation
- David Feldman – Loyalty Summit Chair, Airline & Hotel Loyalty Expert
- James Adams, Chief Commercial Officer, SIXT
- Iain Pringle – Managing Partner, New World Loyalty
- Pete Howroyd – CEO, Swapi
- Oliver Ross – Incoming Interim Director, Loyalty & Partnerships EMEA, Hilton
Key additions from the initial list are two speakers from Hilton and the CCO of Sixt. A free drinks reception has also been added from 6pm when the main conference ends.
The full agenda for the day can be found here.
How to attend
Promoted as ‘the biggest conversation in loyalty’, ‘Loyalty Summit’ is designed to be a PowerPoint-free zone where discussions replace traditional presentations.
Registration for ‘Loyalty Summit’ is $199 if you work in the travel loyalty industry. This includes breakfast, lunch and the drinks reception afterwards.
Other guests – including industry consultants, OTAs and suppliers – have a registration fee of $899.
You can sign up, or find out more, via the ‘Loyalty Summit’ website here.
I look forward to seeing you at The May Fair hotel on Thursday.
PS. If you are reading this in the US, you may be interested in ‘Loyalty Summit Americas’, taking part in Washington DC on 2nd December. Details are here.