This article has been sponsored by Swapi
Swapi is a brand new free loyalty wallet app that helps you consolidate all your loyalty cards in one place.
It lets you link your loyalty cards from hundreds of UK-based retailers and earn points without carrying a wallet of plastic around with you.
You can also collect Swapi Points and redeem them for gift vouchers and exclusive discounts. To get you started, Swapi is giving an exclusive sign-up bonus to Head for Points readers who download the app.
As a special launch offer, Swapi will also compensate you for any loyalty points in any programme which you have lost to expiry during the last six months, giving you Swapi Points in return.
Swapi has big plans for the next few months:
- you will be able to redeem points from certain loyalty schemes directly in the Swapi app for exclusive Swapi-negotiated deals
- you will, with selected loyalty schemes, be able to swap points between programmes
This is coming down the line. For now, Swapi has three benefits, one of which is unique:
- you can add your favourite loyalty cards, both travel and retail, to the Swapi app. When you need to scan your card, such as your Nectar card in Sainsbury’s, you can pull up the barcode via the Swapi app. Over 100 loyalty accounts are supported.
- you can earn earn ‘Swapi Points’, Swapi’s own currency, by shopping with over 300 retailers via the Swapi app. You can redeem these points in the app for a gift card or discount voucher or – coming soon – swap them into another loyalty currency.
- Swapi will compensate you for loyalty points in any partner programme which have expired during the pandemic
Introducing Swapi Points
As well as helping you manage your other loyalty cards, Swapi has its own rewards currency, Swapi Points. You can earn Swapi points by making purchases through the Swapi app, or by referring friends or family.
Swapi points can be redeemed for gift cards and discounts, with redemptions starting from 250 points. Here are some examples:
- 1,500 Swapi Points gets you a £10 One4All gift card you can spend at 180 different brands
- 750 Swapi Points gets you a £5 Argos gift card
- 1,200 Swapi Points gets you £50 off Lastminute.com city breaks
- 250 Swapi Points gets you 8% off your next hotel booking with Expedia
- 500 Swapi Points gets you 65% off ‘New In’ items at I Saw It First
- 250 Swapi Points gets you 20% off at Hawes & Curtis
- 250 Swapi Points gets you £10 off any flower order from Moyses Stevens
- 375 Swapi Points gets you 15% off at The Outnet for new customers
As you can see, Swapi doesn’t just let you redeem Swapi Points for gift vouchers. You can also redeem them for exclusive discounts at leading brands. This allows you to get substantial extra value from your Swapi Points.
Coming soon, you will also be able to use loyalty points from other programmes in the Swapi app for gift cards or discount vouchers.
Get 650 free Swapi Points just for registering
As a special offer for HfP readers, you will receive 650 Swapi Points when you register and use AB4L-3E1Y as your referral code.
This is a substantial increase on the usual bonus of 250 Swapi Points, and would allow you to immediately redeem for some of the discount vouchers available.
Additional free points are available for referring friends to Swapi.
Swapi will compensate you for your expired points and miles!
As a launch offer, Swapi has a unique offer.
Swapi will compensate you for any expired points and miles you have lost during the past six months.
All you need to do to reclaim your expired points as Swapi Points is send a request via the app with a screenshot of your statement showing the points being expired. This must be dated within the previous six months and be from a loyalty scheme active in the UK.
Based on how many points you lost, and their value, you will offered Swapi Points as compensation. You can receive up to 10,000 Swapi Points every six months. These can be redeemed for retailer gift cards or discount vouchers.
This feature is likely to become more interesting as travel companies start expiring points again. Whilst most travel schemes have extended points expiry over the past 18 months, a lot of these protections are beginning to fall away.
This is especially true for brands like Accor, which have been extremely aggressive in expiring points throughout the pandemic. Swapi gives you the opportunity to reclaim some of the value you lost.
If Swapi sounds interesting, you can download it in your local App Store. It is free to register and once signed up you can have explore its features.
You can find out more about Swapi on their website here. Remember to use code AB4L-3E1Y as your referral code to get your 650 free Swapi Points.