If you are looking for a last minute Christmas gift, Small Luxury Hotels of the World is giving a 20% bonus on all gift card purchases made before tomorrow night (22nd).
This could be interesting. You can buy gift cards in €, £ or $ so you could purchase in the currency you were planning to redeem in, meaning no dodgy FX conversions.
SLH has a strong selection of UK hotels, so you should be able to use it even if travel restrictions kick in.
The obvious problems are:
- gift cards only have a 12 month validity
- you need to book via the SLH website or call centre, which means you can’t earn World of Hyatt points by booking via hyatt.com (albeit that the SLH website usually has better prices)
- you cannot book pre-paid rates using SLH gift cards, so you be paying more for your room than you would otherwise
- whilst most SLH hotels participate in the gift card scheme, there are exceptions so check the list of participating hotels
You can find out more on the SLH website here. The deadline for the 20% bonus is 22nd December.
Hotel offers update – September 2023:
Want to earn more hotel points? Click here to see our complete list of promotions from the major hotel chains or use the ‘Hotel Offers’ link in the menu bar at the top of the page.
Want to buy hotel points?
- World of Hyatt is offering a 25% discount, equivalent to a 33% bonus, when you buy points by 10th October. Click here.