Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

We’ve tweaked the HfP forums – this is what is new

Links on Head for Points may support the site by paying a commission.  See here for all partner links.

Thank you to everyone who signed up for the new HfP forums. We have had over 2,500 registrations so far which is great, and the daily readership exceeds the readership of the old chat thread.

We have rolled out a few changes today in response to your feedback. More tweaks will follow but we wanted to get these live before Christmas.

To see these changes you may need to refresh your browser cache. On a Windows PC, this is easy – press CTRL and F5 together. On an iPhone you need to go to Safari in the settings menu (don’t open Safari itself), then Advanced, then Website Data. Type ‘’ into the menu box and swipe right on the result to delete the cached style settings.

For Android, go Settings -> Site Settings -> All Sites -> [search for headforpoints] -> Clear & Reset.

You can now toggle between the forum index and Recent Topics

A lot of people seemed to miss the (admittedly small) button marked ‘Recent Topics’. This lists all of the forum topics in order of when the last comment was made.

It is very useful for people who don’t want to cherry pick just one board, such as the British Airways board, but are keen to see what is active across the entire forum.

You can now easily toggle between the forum index:

….. and recent topics:

The text swaps over instantly without reloading the page, making for as slick an experience as we can manage.

We have added links to the latest news stories to the forum page

We have inserted links to our three latest news stories at the top of the forum:

This means, for people who are more interested in the forum than the latest miles and points news, you can set as your entry point to the site. You can be sure you won’t miss out on the latest news.

What is important to us is that there is a good flow between the news part of the site and the forum. We will soon add a direct link from the mobile home page to the forum for the same reason, to avoid you having to go via the hamburger menu.

We have also added, underneath the forum, links to the posts with most comments from the previous week.

You can mark a thread as a Favourite

To help you keep up to date with conversations you’re interested in we’ve also enabled a feature that lets you mark a topic as a ‘favourite’. You can do so by clicking the top right button at the top of every thread:

forum favourites

To view your favourites, simply go to your account page and select favourites. This will display a list of all your favourited topics.

You can just as easily unfavourite a topic.


Thanks again to everyone who has been leaving feedback both here as well as on the forums. The new changes should improve the usability of the forums further. If you have not already registered then you can do so here.

After Christmas we will do a further round of minor tweaks so please do leave any further feedback you have.

Comments (96)

This article is closed to new comments. Feel free to ask your question in the HfP forums.

  • Harrier25 says:

    C’mon fellow Jet2 occasional flyers from the West Midlands, it’s time for us to step up our game! 😒

    • Mikeact says:

      Should be interesting….at least Easyjet are allowed a lookin on here.. despite a non Avios carrier. So outside the London 80% , the other 20% have a massive choice of carriers to complain about which will give BA a break.

  • SueLoder52 says:

    I’ve heard of metro centric- must we add Mac centric to what was a useful site? Big mistake. You are in danger of alienating thousands of readers and spenders with your patronising view of people who don’t bend the knee to Macs.

    • Harrier25 says:

      You do find that iPhone fanatics haven’t used a top of the range Android phone in the past few years.

      • kitten says:

        …or even a medium range Android phone.


        Plus iPhone users paid twice the price they should for the quality.


    • Mikeact says:

      I personally doubt very much that ‘1000’s of readers will be alienated’ …hardly patronising.
      How about a wager….the first 1000 that pop we’ll get you a Mac…..and if it’s less..not sure.

    • Rob says:

      I’ve literally never used a Mac in my life, either personally or professionally!

      It is statistically correct that HfP users are disproportionately more likely to have an iPhone or Mac than the average person. We have the HfP share data and you can google the broader UK data in 30 seconds.

    • Lady London says:

      Yaaaaaay great comment for those of us on the fastest growing o/s Android 🙂

This article is closed to new comments. Feel free to ask your question in the HfP forums.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.