Get 4x Marriott Bonvoy points with Homes & Villas – plus £150 cashback
Links on Head for Points may pay us an affiliate commission. A list of partners is here.
UPDATE – APRIL 2023: This article is now out of date, but don’t worry. We produce a monthly summary of the top hotel bonus point offers – please click HERE or use the ‘Hotel Offers’ menu above.
Click here for our article on Marriott’s Spring promotion, which runs from 7th February to 23rd April. You receive 1,000 bonus points per night and double elite night credits. You can register here.
You will get a 40% bonus when you buy Marriott Bonvoy points by 3rd April. Click here to buy.
Keep up to date with new hotel offers by signing up for our free daily or weekly newsletters.
With self catering holidays set for another good year, Homes & Villas by Marriott International has launched a quadruple points promotion.
The standard Bonvoy earning rate with Homes & Villas is 5 points per $1. This is quadrupled to 20 points per $1 for all stays booked by 11th February. You must complete your stay by 31st March 2022.
There is a three night minimum stay required. Existing bookings do not count.
Even better, this offer will stack with the current American Express cashback deal.
If targeted, you will receive £150 cashback when you spend £500+ on the Homes & Villas website by 30th April. You need to check the ‘Offers’ section of your American Express account to see if you are targeted and click ‘Save to Card’ to register – make sure you use this card when booking.
How many points will you earn?
As a reminder, when you make a Homes & Villas rental, you earn points based on your total spend less booking fees, taxes, cleaning fees and extra add-ons.
Elite members of Marriott Bonvoy will earn a status bonus, taking their total earnings to:
- Silver Elite: 20 points per dollar + 0.5 points per dollar status bonus
- Gold Elite: 20 points per dollar + 1.25 points per dollar status bonus
- Platinum Elite: 20 points per dollar + 2.5 points per dollar status bonus
- Titanium Elite: 20 points per dollar + 3.75 points per dollar status bonus
- Ambassador: 20 points per dollar + 3.75 points per dollar status bonus
…. and Gold and above receive additional points as a welcome gift:
- Ambassador Elite, Titanium Elite, Platinum Elite: 1,000 points
- Gold Elite: 500 points
You also earn 1 Marriott Bonvoy elite night credit per night. This is not doubled as part of the current Marriott Bonvoy double status nights offer.
Here’s a rough example of what you could earn.
- You spend £500 on a 3-night stay somewhere, of which £75 is the cleaning fee and is therefore not eligible for points.
- You get £150 cashback from American Express.
- You earn, assuming you have Gold status with Marriott, (£425 x 1.35) $575 x 21.25 points + 500 points = 12,718 Marriott Bonvoy points. These are worth £63 given our 0.5p per Bonvoy point valuation.
Put these two offers together and you’re getting over 40% back on your stay.
You can find full details on the Homes & Villas by Marriott International website here.
How to earn Marriott Bonvoy points and status from UK credit cards (April 2023)
There are various ways of earning Marriott Bonvoy points from UK credit cards. Many cards also have generous sign-up bonuses.
The official Marriott Bonvoy American Express card comes with 20,000 points for signing up, 2 points for every £1 you spend and 15 elite night credits per year.
You can apply here.
Marriott Bonvoy American Express
20,000 bonus points and 15 elite night credits Read our full review
You can also earn Marriott Bonvoy points by converting American Express Membership Rewards points at the rate of 2:3.
Do you know that holders of The Platinum Card from American Express receive FREE Marriott Bonvoy Gold status for as long as they hold the card? It also comes with Hilton Honors Gold, Radisson Rewards Premium and MeliaRewards Gold status. We reviewed American Express Platinum in detail here and you can apply here.
The Platinum Card from American Express
30,000 points and unbeatable travel benefits – for a fee Read our full review
You can also earn Marriott Bonvoy points indirectly:
- American Express Gold (20,000 bonus Amex points)
- American Express Rewards Credit Card (10,000 bonus Amex points)
and for small business owners:
- American Express Business Gold (20,000 bonus Amex points)
- American Express Business Platinum (40,000 bonus Amex points)
The conversion rate from American Express to Marriott Bonvoy points is 2:3.
Click here to read our detailed summary of all UK credit cards which can be used to earn Marriott Bonvoy points.
(Want to earn more hotel points? Click here to see our complete list of promotions from the major hotel chains or use the ‘Hotel Offers’ link in the menu bar at the top of the page.)