As I said in our round-up of Black Friday deals earlier today, there isn’t much happening on the ‘cheap flights’ front from the UK.
However, my mate Skip at Luxury Flight Club has picked up on an aggressive Air France, Delta and KLM sale out of Spain to the United States.
Seats seem easy to find and you can credit the flights to Virgin Flying Club, earning Virgin Points and Virgin Atlantic tier points.
You can book on the KLM website here.
Here are some price examples.
Note that a Saturday night stay seems to be required and all flights will route via Paris, Amsterdam or a Delta hub.
- Miami €1,167
- Boston €1,167
- Chicago €1,217
- New York (JFK) €1,262
- Washington €1,267
- Toronto €1,300
- Montreal €1,306
- San Francisco (SFO) €1,367
- Miami €1,170
- Boston €1,170
- Washington €1,220
- Chicago €1,220
- New York (JFK) €1,264
- Montreal €1,307
- Toronto €1,308
- San Francisco €1,370
Travel dates are:
- 16th January – 31st March
- 17th April – 15th July
- 31st August – 30th November
The deals are certainly there – I found this on the first attempt:
Obviously, once you factor in a trip to and from Spain, your total costs are going to be higher. If you treat it as an extra part of your trip, however, you can get a good deal here.
You can check for availability on the KLM website here. KLM shows Air France and Delta availability too so you only need to look in one place.
How to earn Flying Blue miles from UK credit cards (October 2023)
Air France and KLM do not have a UK Flying Blue credit card. However, you can earn Flying Blue miles by converting Membership Rewards points earned from selected UK American Express cards.
These cards earn Membership Rewards points:
- American Express Preferred Rewards Gold (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 20,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 20,000 Flying Blue miles. This card is FREE for your first year and also comes with four free airport lounge passes.
- The Platinum Card from American Express (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 30,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 30,000 Flying Blue miles
- American Express Rewards credit card (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 10,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 10,000 Flying Blue miles. This card is FREE for life.
Membership Rewards points convert at 1:1 into Flying Blue miles which is an attractive rate. The cards above all earn 1 Membership Rewards point per £1 spent on your card, which converts to 1 Flying Blue mile. The Gold card earns double points (2 per £1) on all flights you charge to it.