Emirates, you may not know, has its own online shopping mall. This is similar to the British Airways eStore or Virgin Atlantic’s Shops Away.
You can find it here.
Until 31st December, there is a 500 mile bonus with your first ever transaction when you spend ‘USD 50 or equivalent’. I get a feeling that VAT is excluded from this, and probably any delivery charges too, so you want to be spending at least £50 before postage to qualify.
John Lewis and all the usual suspects are included.
PS. Emirates sent us some facts and figures with the information on this promotion which I thought were interesting. Did you know …..?
- Emirates Skywards has ‘close to’ 30 million members
- The UK is largest single country for Skywards members, with 3.7 million
- NatWest and Royal Bank of Scotland ‘MyRewards’ points can be converted into Skywards miles, albeit at a poor rate of £100 of MyRewards = 7,700 Skywards miles. I can’t recommend it at that level which is why we don’t cover it here.
How to earn Emirates Skywards miles from UK credit cards (January 2023)
Emirates Skywards does not have a UK credit card. However, you can earn Emirates Skywards miles by converting Membership Rewards points earned from selected UK American Express cards.
Cards earning Membership Rewards points include:
- American Express Preferred Rewards Gold (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 20,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 20,000 Emirates Skywards miles. This card is FREE for your first year and also comes with four free airport lounge passes.
- The Platinum Card from American Express (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 30,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 30,000 Emirates Skywards miles
- American Express Rewards credit card (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 10,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 10,000 Emirates Skywards miles. This card is FREE for life.
Membership Rewards points convert at 1:1 into Emirates Skywards miles which is an attractive rate. The cards above all earn 1 Membership Rewards point per £1 spent on your card, which converts to 1 Emirates Skywards mile. The Gold card earns double points (2 per £1) on all flights you charge to it.