News in brief:
Good Andaz Prague deal via Hyatt Prive
On Monday we ran a very enthusiastic review of the new Andaz Prague hotel, part of World of Hyatt.
Emyr Thomas, our luxury hotel booking partner, dropped me a note with a special deal that the hotel is running for 3+ night stays booked under the Hyatt Prive scheme.
Book a Deluxe Room or above for 3+ nights by 28th February, for a stay by 31st August, and you will receive:
- $200 credit to spend in the hotel (double the usual $100 you get via Hyatt Prive)
- free breakfast for two people, either in the restaurant or via room service
- free pre-dinner canapes and sparkling wine if in a Wintergarden Suite (see image below, this is what I had) or higher
- one category upgrade, confirmed within 24 hours of booking
- early check in and late check out, subject to availability
Every room also gets free non-alcoholic minibar drinks and snacks, but this is an Andaz benefit irrespective of how you book.
The rate you pay will be the same as the Best Available Rate, so fully flexible, at hyatt.com. You pay the hotel at check-out. You receive World of Hyatt points and status benefits as usual.
This deal can only be booked via a Hyatt Prive travel agent, so drop Emyr a note via the form on this page of HfP if interested.
Air India moves some Heathrow routes to Gatwick
Air India has announced some route shuffling for its London departures.
In order to increase weekly flights from London Heathrow to Delhi and Mumbai, other routes are being moved across to Gatwick at the end of March.
The new timetable will see:
- Ahmedabad – 3x weekly from Gatwick
- Amritsar – 3x weekly from Gatwick
- Goa Dabolim – 3x weekly from Gatwick
- Kochi – 3x weekly from Gatwick
All services will use a modern Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner.
As a member of Star Alliance, the way to book these flights on miles would be via a Star Alliance partner programme such as Lufthansa Miles & More or Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer.