Blenheim Palace in Oxfordshire is currently hosting a pop-up Paddington experience. To quote:
This summer, join Paddington in an immersive outdoor adventure across the grounds of Blenheim Palace. Paddington Lo-commotion is the perfect day out for families who love to immerse themselves in storytelling and puppetry.
Paddington Lo-commotion takes audiences on a journey to meet their favourite characters from the Paddington stories, search for a ‘buried treasure’, and have the opportunity to hop on board a real locomotive subject to availability on the day.
The reason we’ve mentioned it is that Marriott Bonvoy is currently auctioning a special Marriott Moments package linked to the event.
You need to be available over Saturday 2nd and Sunday 3rd September. The package, for up to four people, includes:
- One-night stay in two connecting rooms at Courtyard Oxford City Centre, checking in Saturday 2 September and checking out Sunday 3 September
- Breakfast for up to two adults and two children
- One family ticket (admits four) to Paddington Lo-Commotion at Blenheim Palace on Saturday 2 September 2023 at 15:00
- Two mini Rover rides at Rovers Railway Rescue Experience (for children ages 4-10)
- Paddington Lo-Commotion souvenir photo
- Two complimentary merchandise bundles per family from the Paddington shop
- Meet-and-greet with Paddington
- Bus tickets between the hotel and Blenheim Palace
- Paddington-themed welcome amenities
At the time of writing, the highest bid is just 62,500 points. The hotel on its own would be £360 for that night, room only, if you paid cash and of course you get two rooms. The auction closes on 14th August.
To bid, visit the Marriott Moments site here and search for ‘Paddington’ or filter by geography.
PS. Reader feedback on Courtyard Oxford City Centre, which is a relatively new property, has been positive and it’s worth a look if you need to be in the area.
How to earn Marriott Bonvoy points and status from UK credit cards (September 2023)
There are various ways of earning Marriott Bonvoy points from UK credit cards. Many cards also have generous sign-up bonuses.
The official Marriott Bonvoy American Express card comes with 20,000 points for signing up, 2 points for every £1 you spend and 15 elite night credits per year.
You can apply here.
You can also earn Marriott Bonvoy points by converting American Express Membership Rewards points at the rate of 2:3.
Do you know that holders of The Platinum Card from American Express receive FREE Marriott Bonvoy Gold status for as long as they hold the card? It also comes with Hilton Honors Gold, Radisson Rewards Premium and MeliaRewards Gold status. We reviewed American Express Platinum in detail here and you can apply here.
You can also earn Marriott Bonvoy points indirectly:
- American Express Gold (20,000 bonus Amex points)
- American Express Rewards Credit Card (10,000 bonus Amex points)
and for small business owners:
- American Express Business Gold (20,000 bonus Amex points)
- American Express Business Platinum (40,000 bonus Amex points)
The conversion rate from American Express to Marriott Bonvoy points is 2:3.
(Want to earn more hotel points? Click here to see our complete list of promotions from the major hotel chains or use the ‘Hotel Offers’ link in the menu bar at the top of the page.)