Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios Applied a week ago but no reply yet? Reply To: Applied a week ago but no reply yet?

Aston100 1,445 posts

This is probably important.
I spent 90 mins on the phone (including just over 30 mins to get through).
The main takeaway is that the agent spoke to a ‘support team’ for ages and then confirmed there had been a glitch with my card and it hadn’t been sent.
***It was never going to arrive.*** (Their words not mine).
They have ordered a new one to arrive in 5 working days.
The SUB begins from when the card arrives (rather than when you applied or when you activated the card), as per the message in the twitter screenshot a few posts up. They are unable to clarify how they know the card has arrived in order to begin the countdown for the spend.
Have been told to contact them again after the new card is successfully activated in order to discuss any service recovery and refund of fees. Won’t commit to anything right now.

Would suggest everyone who applied on 28th Feb or 1st March and hasn’t received their card yet to phone up, and insist the agent talks to the ‘support team’. I had to insist on this as otherwise I was being told to wait for another few days and was gently being fobbed off it seems.

Call Duration

• This reply was modified 54 years, 5 months ago by .

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.